5. The Hand That Rocks the Mabel

Dani's POV

I was rushing over to the Mystery Shack by the twins and Soos saying that our new favorite TV show released a new episode. The show was about a tiger with a fist. Yes... it does sound ridiculous, and that's why we love it. I rode faster on my biker, driving past Mr. Pines who was giving a group a tour, and of course, scamming them out of their money. The tourists didn't realize that everything he was showing them was fake. That's probably why his business is so good.

Once I made it to the Shack's entrance, I hopped off my bike and stepped inside, not even bothering to knock this time out of excitement. I walked into the living room and saw Dipper and Mabel sitting in front of the yellow chair where Soos sat. They took notice of me and all smiled. "Dani!" they cheered.

"Come sit," Dipper said, patting the spot on the floor between him and Mabel. "It's about to start!"

I smiled back and took the seat. We turned to the TV to see that the theme song started playing. "...The tiger was badly injured in the explosion, but we repaired him with a fist..." the narrator finished. The twins, Soos, and I all cheered for the tiger in excitement as it punched itself in the face with its fist. "Tiger Fist! ...will return after these messages."

The screen cut to a commercial that started with a hand releasing a bunch of doves. "Hey, look," Soos said, pointing to the TV. "It's that commercial I was telling you guys about."

It then cut to a man in what I assumed to be his bedroom, crying on his bad. "Are you completely miserable?" the narrator asked.

"YES!" the crying man replied through sobs.

"Then you need to meet..." the narrator's voice trailed off and a group of women whispered, "...Gideon..."

"Gideon?" I questioned, raising a brow.

"What makes him so special?" Mabel added.

"He's a psychic," the narrator answered as if he heard the question Mabel asked. She tilted her head in confusion in response to his answer.

"So don't waste your time with other so-called 'man of mystery,'" the narrator said, showing a clip of Mr. Pines stepping out an outhouse, shaking a piece of toilet paper off his foot. Then a hand came up on the screen and stamped the scene with the word 'FRAUD'. "Learn about tomorrow tonight at Gideon's Tent of Telepathy!" he then started speed through the subtitles. "Voidwhereprohibited,noC.O.D.'saccepted.CarlaI'vealwayslovedyoubutneverhadthegutstosayit."

Mabel gasped in amazement. "Wow, I'm getting all curiousy inside!" she chirped.

"Well, don't get too curiousy," Mr. Pines said as he walked into the room, hanging his coat on a coathook. "Ever since that monster Gideon rolled into town, I've had nothin' but trouble."

"Well, is he really psychic?" Mabel asked.

"I think we should go and find out," Dipper said as three of us stood up.

"Never!" Mr. Pines exclaimed. "You're forbidden from patronizing the competition. No one that lives under my roof is allowed under that Gideon's roof!" He then pointed to me. "That goes for you too, missy. Do not go under his roof if you ever wanna come back to this shack."

I smirked, tryin' to get my sass on. "Do tents have roofs?" I asked, snarkily.

"I think we just found our loophole... literally!" Mabel said and pulled out a piece of string that was looped. "Womp womp!" I chuckled at her joke.

"So come down soon, folks," the TV narrator said. "Gideon is expecting you..." The last part sounded ominous and gave me an uneasy feeling. Maybe... this is a bad idea.