22. Dreamscaperers

Dani's POV

The light strumming of my ukelele and my pacing echoed through the twins' room with the sound of heavy rain complimenting it perfectly. The twins and I had plans to go adventuring today but they were soon canceled when it started pouring heavily. So instead, the three of us just decided to take it easy. Dipper and Mabel sat on their floor, playing a game of Conflict Boat.

"You're so pretty, and I'm so average," I quietly sang to myself. "It makes me sad, but I am proud of your advantage, and I'm sorry if this makes you feel upset but I know you're bound to get... more... attention..." I closed my eyes as I let the strum of my last chord linger.

But it was soon interrupted by Dipper saying, "I'm gonna say... B5."

"Miss!" Mabel corrected and she put in another peg on the board. I set my ukulele aside and walked up behind her to see that she had arranged her pegs on the board to look like a cat's face.

"I don't think you're playing this right," I told her and she playfully stuck her tongue out at me.

"Kids! Come quick!" we suddenly heard Mr. Pines yell. 

Dipper and Mabel groaned and stood up to head downstairs as I casually walked back over to pick up my ukulele. I grabbed it and sat on Dipper's bed and began playing it. Just then, Dipper poked his head into the room. "Aren't you coming, Dani?" he asked me.

I sheepishly averted my gaze from his. "I think he means just the two of you," I admitted.

I messed with the strings on my instruments but stopped when we heard Mr. Pines yell, "That also means the British one!" Dipper gave me a chuckle and continued to make his way downstairs. I smiled to myself and set aside the ukulele, following Dipper down the stairs where we were greeted by Mr. Pines sitting in his yellow chair and Mabel, Wendy, and Soos standing by him. "I need you to laugh at this with me!" he said, pointing to the TV.

We turned our attention to it to see a commercial playing for the Tent of Telepathy with Gideon wearing his signature suit and holding a guitar. "Who's cute as a button, and always your friend? Lil' G-I-D to the E-O-N!" he sang and played then winked at the camera. "Wink!"

Dipper and I cringed. "Ugh, Gideon!" Dipper groaned.

"Remember when I wouldn't date him and he tried to destroy us?" Mabel informed.

I shuddered at the memories. "How can we forget?" I added and Dipper threw his arm over me in comfort.

"He's always trying to trick me into losing the Mystery Shack," Mr. Pines stated.

"One time I caught him stealing my moisturizer," Wendy spoke up. I gave her an odd look.

"And yet, our mutual hatred for him bonds us together," Soos said.

We turned our heads back to the TV when we heard Gideon laughing. "Come on down to Li'l Gideon's Tent of Telepathy!" a voice-over of Bud Gleeful announced. "Opening soon at this location!" It flashed to a picture of The Mystery Shack that was soon crushed by the Tent of Telepathy on the screen.

I looked at Mr. Pines nervously as well as Dipper. "Uh, should we be worried about that?" he asked his uncle.

Mr. Pines waved him off. "Please, the only way Gideon's taking over this shack is by breaking in and stealing my deed," he scoffed.

Suddenly, in another part of The Shack, a loud crash could be heard and I immediately assumed it was the little devil. "You mean like, right now?" I asked. 

We all glanced at each other with hesitation before, in sync, making our up to Mr. Pines' office to find a shattered window and Gideon trying to crack the code on Mr. Pines' safe. "...38? 41? Oh, heavens to Betsy!" we heard Gideon mutter to himself.