16. Bottomless Pit!

Dani's POV

I decided to hang out with the twins and Soos today, but we were all too tired to go adventuring and I was still healing my injured head. So we just lounged out in the living room, watching the 'Gravity Falls Bargain Movie Channel'. I was sitting on the yellow chair with Dipper laying his head on my lap and Mabel flopped over on the back of the chair, her head against mine as Soos sat on the floor in front of me. Everything was pretty relaxing until Mr. Pines came into the room, shouting, "Hey, there!" which startled all of us.

"Ah!" we all exclaimed.

"Who wants to see something cool?" he asked us.

"Oh! Me! Me! Me!" Soos eagerly said, raising his hand.

"Is it a puppy in a top hat?!" Mabel asked as she sat up.

"No, but that would be cool," Mr. Pines.

I hummed displeased. "No offense, Mr. Pines but whenever you want to show us something cool it's always the opposite," I told him.

"What? Since when?" he asked, offended.

Dipper sighed and sat up from my lap. "Grunkle Stan, last time you showed us something 'cool' it involved chipmunks with rabies," he stated.

Mr. Pines laughed. "Oh come on! That was hilarious!" he tried correcting. We all just ignored him and got back into our relaxing positions, facing the TV. We heard him sigh. "Okay, okay, I see your point, but trust me, this one will be worth it."

---

We soon agreed to go with him and piled inside one of the Shack's golf carts. Mr. Pines drove us out somewhere that was a little ways from the Shack and stopped in front of a gigantic hole in the ground. We all hopped out and up to the hole just as Mr. Pines began explaining, "In this land of ours, there are many great pits. But none more bottomless than the bottomless pit. Which as you can see here is bottomless."

We all looked down inside the pit and our eyes widened in awe. "Question. Is it bottomless?" Soos asked.

Mr. Pines sighed in frustration. "Kids, can one of you try explaining this to Soos?" he asked.

"Grunkle Stan, why are we here again?" Dipper asked his uncle.

"To dispose of things that we don't want," Mr. Pines explained and pulled out a handful of yellow cards from his fez. "So long, Mystery Shack suggestion cards!" He then tossed them into the pit.

I then watched as Mabel pulled out letters and gifts from her sweater. "Goodbye, creepy love letters from Li'l Gideon!" she exclaimed before tossing them all into the pit. "Die! Die!" She then ran off back to the Shack.

I then looked over at Soos and saw him take off his shoes and throw them into the pit. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Throwing stuff, dude. Everyone's doin' it," he explained. He then walked off and came back with a grill and tossed it into the pit. I looked down into the pit and decided to join in. I took my sketchbook out of my satchel and ripped out my bad drawings, tossing them in the pit one by one. "Yeah! Get rid of the memories!" Soos cheered me.

"You too?" Dipper asked. I simply shrugged as I tossed another drawing in.

We all looked over and saw that Mabel had come back, pushing a large chained box towards the pit. My eyes widened and I stopped what I was doing. "What you got there, Mabel?" Mr. Pines asked as he tossed more cards into the pit.

Mabel giggled. "Oh, it's just my personal box of mysterious secrets," she said. "Nothing worth wondering about." She giggled some more and struggled as she pushed the box into the pit. "Goodbye forever!"