20. Boyz Crazy

Dani's POV

An ominous boom startled me out of my abysmal nightmare. My cheeks were wet and my body was bathed in a cold sweat. Dipper's blanket was twisted around my limbs, probably because I was thrashing in my sleep. My heart pounded against my chest. I trembled. The room was empty. No one anywhere and remnants of my nightmare still clung to my mind, haunting me. My nightmare disorder never acted up while sleeping over at the Mystery Shack and I was confused as to why it was starting now. "Why was I having a nightmare about a triangle?" I mumbled to myself. "And why did it scare me so much?" 

I groaned, clutching my head in pain from the pounding. Headaches always come after my nightmares. I glanced over at the alarm clock resting on the nightstand where it read: '2:15'. Did I really sleep in that late?! I sighed to myself and got out of Dipper's bed, deciding to get ready for the rest of the day. Once I was finished, I headed downstairs and into the kitchen hoping to find someone but all I found was a plate of food at the table with a glass of water and a note beside them. I walked up and picked up the note that read 'For Dani' and flipped it open, reading:

'Hey so, I was gonna wake you up earlier but you just looked so cute and peaceful. You skipped breakfast so I made your favorite lunch: Grilled cheese sandwiches on whole-grain with a side of seasoned green beans. I also let your mom know that you're still here so no need to worry. Sit and enjoy your meal then come find me when you're done, beautiful.

Lo—

— Dipper :)'

I smiled at the note but in the back of my head, I wondered why he thought I looked so peaceful while I was having a nightmare. I laughed the thought away and decided to take a seat at the table, proceeding to eat the prepared meal. To my surprise, it was still warm. And oh my, was it delicious. After I finally finished it all and cleaned up, I did what the note said and went to go search for Dipper.

I walked through the gift shop where I found him and Wendy standing behind the counter, laughing together. It made me smile. I decided to walk up behind Dipper, hugging him. He noticed this and chuckled. "Hey, you, I guess you got my letter, huh?" he asked. 

I nodded, burying my face into his shoulder. "I did, thank you so much, Mon étoile," I said, happily humming in his neck.

There was a moment of silence before I heard him whisper, "I could stay like this forever..."

"What'd you say?" I asked, pretending not to hear him.

He got out of my grasp and turned to me all nervous, coughing. "Coughing! I was coughing! Those weren't words!" he exclaimed. I shot him a look then, out of the corner of my I saw Wendy smirking behind Dipper. Does she know something?

I then heard a familiar giggle behind me and turned around to see Mabel with a huge grin on her face. "This is fun, what you two have," she said, gesturing to Dipper and me.

"Mabel? How long have you been standing there?" Dipper asked worriedly.

"Don't worry about that. Let's talk about why I'm doing this dance!" she chirped and pointed down to her feet to which we all saw was dancing wildly. "Do-do-do-do-do..."

My eyes widened in worry for her. "Oh, no! She got into the Smile Dip again!" I exclaimed.

"Wrong one-thousand!" she corrected, getting up in my face. "It's because today is the greatest day of my life!"

She backed away and pulled out a calendar, throwing it our way. Luckily, I moved out of the way but it ended up hitting Dipper directly in the face. "Ow!" he yelped. He pulled the calender off his face and I sneaked a peek at it to see a big picture of the boy band Sev'ral Timez plastered over this month of the calendar.