14. Little Dipper

Dani's POV

Dipper was still recovering from his wounds from Rumble so he decided to have a lazy day. Mr. Pines and Mabel also thought it was a good idea. He also invited me over and the four of us spent our morning watching reruns of Ducktective. Mabel was hanging upside down off the coffee table while Dipper and I were sitting on the back of the yellow chair behind Mr. Pines. I sneaked my hand towards Dipper's and touched it with my pinkie. He noticed this and chuckled, snaking his palm into mine.

I smiled and turned my head back to the TV. "You've gone too far this time, Duck-tective!" the constable declared.

"Quack quack, quack quack quack quack," Ducktective responded.

I scooted closer to Dipper and he threw his arm around me. I was about to lay my head on his shoulder but was soon disturbed by the ring of the doorbell. I jolted my head up as I watched Mr. Pines stand up and adjust his tie, walking to the door. He opened it and loudly greeted, "Welcome to a world of mystery!"

"Stan Pines?" we heard a deep voice asked.

"The tax collector! You found me!" Mr. Pines yelled and came running back into the living room, a cloud of smoke behind him. Dipper and I jumped off the chair and stood to the side with Mabel as Mr. Pines tore off a painting from the wall, pulling out a duffle bag. He then started frantically patting down the stone wall. "Aah... uh... which one of these is the trap door?!" he panicked.

A man in a business suit walked into the living room. "Mr. Pines..." he said. "I'm from the Winninghouse Coupon Savers contest, and YOU ARE OUR BIIIIIIG WINNER!" Behind him, walked in a cameraman with two women holding a giant check that read '10,000,000 dollars' and balloon.

Mr. Pines looked at them in shock as the two women threw confetti over him. "My one and only dream, which was to possess money, has come true!" he beamed.

The twins turned to each other and smiled. "We're rich! I'm gonna get a butler!" Dipper said.

"I'm gonna buy a talking horse!" Mabel added. I gave her a side look.

The man reached inside his coat and pulled out some sort of contract and a pen. "Just sign here for the money," he told Mr. Pines.

Mr. Pines smiled and gladly took the pen from his hand. "You bet!" he chirped and signed the document.

Just then, we heard the sound of something tearing and looked over to see Gideon burst through the check. Gideon?! "Ha! Stanford, you fool! You just signed over the Mystery Shack to Lil' ol' me!" he declared, taking the contract from Mr. Pines and started doing a victory dance. The twins and I gasped while the rest of Gideon's crew except for the man in the suit all left.

Mr. Pines just smirked and pointed to the contract in Gideon's hand. "Uh, might wanna take another look there," he said.

Gideon just smiled cheekily and read over the contract. "' The shack is hereby signed over to..." he read and his eyes widened, "'SUCK A LEMON LITTLE MAN'?!" The twins, Mr. Pines, and I all laughed at him. Gideon growled and ripped the contract in half. "How dare you! I am not a threat to be taken lightly!" He lifted his arms, gesturing for the man in the suit. "Come here hon', I need your arms." The man then picked him up by his arms. Gideon glared at us and pointed an accusing finger. "I'll get you, Stanford Pines! I'LL GET YOU ALL!" And with that, the man backed out of the shack with Gideon still in his hands.

The four of us just stood there until I spoke up, "Wanna see what else is on TV?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Yeah, alright."

"My favorite part's the theme song."

---

Later throughout the day, Mr. Pines decided to head off and take a nap so the twins and I started playing a few games here and there. I was starting to get tired of playing so I tapped out. We were currently sitting on the floor of the gift shop as Soos was restocking the shelves. I had my back against Dipper's shoulder as I read Wuthering Heights, occasionally watching the twins as they played chess. I was into a really good part of the book but stopped when I heard Mabel say, "Little guy to black space nine!" and looked over at their game.