Ladybug the Guardian

Marinette's POV

I really needed a break from class, why do I feel so tired even though? I didn't go on patrol or do anything but sleep last night. "Marinette, I know you've been going though somethings involving Luka and Adrien. But don't forget about being Ladybug and your new role as the Miracle Box holder. You are the new guardian don't forget that." Tikki flies out of my purse. Thankfully I'm alone in the restroom, no one will see Tikki here. Throwing my hands over my face, I slid my hands down hoping all this would disappear. Sadly, that isn't going to happen. "I know Tikki. Wait if I'm the guardian, does that mean I have to know the identity of Chat Noir? Do I make my own rules?" So many questions start swimming in my mind and can't word them all.

 Wait if I'm the guardian, does that mean I have to know the identity of Chat Noir? Do I make my own rules?" So many questions start swimming in my mind and can't word them all

"Well I've never been partners with a guardian so I'm not sure. Master Fu didn't really leave any instructions for us to work with." Tikki hovers next to me pondering, thinking up her own questions. I let out a long sigh, this just gets more complicated by the minute. I wish I could just call Master and ask him all these questions but he has no memory of Ladybug and Chat Noir, or the Miracle Box. "Will knowing Chat's identity really benefit me in anyway? There is no need to know it right now and there is no reason for him to know the true me. Right Tikki?" So may questions and not enough answers. I shake my head to focus on the now, which is school and I've been hiding in this stall for far too long. Once I take a long deep breath I push open the door and walk back to class.

Even though I'm sitting here in class my mind isn't here. There's so much stuff that needs to be done. I need to go on patrol today, I need to finish that design for Kitty Section, need to get things in order for my new role as a guardian, I also need to make new power ups for Tikki and Plagg, then there's going through all the books that Mater Fu left behind. Oh no, and there's that event my parents are doing for Chloe's family, I hope they don't ask me to he-
"Earth to Marinette! Girl you're spacing out on me." I get pulled from my thoughts by Alya's intense voice. After blinking several times to get my focus back, I am greeted with two sets of brown eyes, and a set of mint green eyes. "Uh? Oh what? I'm sorry." Is class over already? Oh it is! I have to get home! Shooting up from my seat I startle the others with my action.

" Is class over already? Oh it is! I have to get home! Shooting up from my seat I startle the others with my action

"What's wrong are you okay? You're phone has been going off all period." Adrien says in a small voice. That stops me in my tracks and makes me wonder why my phone is going off so much. Looking at my phone I see a few messages from Luka. How funny, his name alone seems to calm my racing mind and heart. "Oh it's Luka." I can even hear the smile in my voice. I notice Adrien stiffen a little but not sure why. " You two are getting really close huh?" He speaks up as if trying very hard to get the words out. "Who Luka? Hehe yeah I guess we have, he's a really great guy. Ah! I'm gonna be late!" With that I take off running out the room.

Adrien's POV

"You two are getting really close huh?" Did those words just come out of my mouth? I see Marinette smile at my question and it makes me feel uneasy. My friend is happy, after all her crying and stressing she seems better, so why aren't I happy that she's happy?
"Who Luka? Hehe yeah I guess we have, he's a great guy. Ah! I'm gonna be late!" Right before Marinette runs off she giggles after saying Luka names. My attention is drawn away from the empty doorway she just left from, Alya is snapping her fingers at me. "Earth to Adrien. Are you okay? You kinda have a stink face going." The look on her face seems a little amused. Nino tilts his head to the side and inspects me, "Dude. Alya's right. You look a little grumpy." I feel my lips form a pout and cross my arms.
"I'm not grumpy. Who says I'm grumpy? I'm peachy." I huff as I grab my things to leave.

"Well someone is a little catty today

"Well someone is a little catty today." Plagg says from the pocket of my shirt. Stomping down the stairs, I head to my locker to grab the rest of my things. "I'm not catty. Now let's go. We have to meet Ladybug." I mumble pushing the front doors of the school open. I look around to make sure Natalie didn't send the driver today. "Uuuuuggghhh. Ladybug this. Ladybug that. I thought you found new cheese!" To shut Plagg up I toss a slice Camembert, sending Plagg out of my shirt and catching the cheese in his mouth. "It's not like that, Plagg. You know we have to go and she her. She's the guardian now, so we have to figure out what to do next. Now." I look around the alley we walked into to make sure no one was around. "Plagg, claws out!" Soon I transform into Chat Noir, leaping onto the building next to me, I head to the Eiffel Tower.
There waiting for me as beautiful as ever, is M'lady. Sigh. It still hurts that she's in love with someone else. And there's Kagami...

"Well hello there M'Lady. Looking a purrr-fect as ever." I'm rewarded with her gorgeous smile, I ignored the eye roll that came with that smile. "Hello there Kitty. Took you long enough." She scratches under my chin, causing me to smile.

"My bad

"My bad. I got out of class late." I make a sad smile remembering the events involving Marinette smiling at her phone. She stops scratching my chin which snaps me out of my thoughts. The look in her eye make my priorities switch solely on her and her alone. "What's wrong bugaboo? You look stressed." My body moves on it's own, heading over to Ladybug who is leaning on a pillar that's supporting the tower. She lowers her head and stares and the ground. "Come on M'Lady. You can tell me anything. I am your kitty after all." I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her in for a hug.

Looking to meet my eyes, Ladybug let's out a long sigh and leans onto me. Focus Chat....don't ruin this moment. "It's just....now that Master Fu is gone....now that he put me in charge....what do we....what do I do now?" I feel her body tense up from all the new responsibilities she holds now. What are we going to do. Master Fu was there to help us out and give us advice. "We got this Bugaboo. You and me verses the world....well Paris. You know what I mean. Master Fu wouldn't have trusted you if he didn't think you can do this." I slowly rest my head against hers, seeing if she would let me, which to my surprise she did. "What if he made a mistake? What if I'm not good enough to be the new guardian? I don't even know where to start..." I lightly use my index finger to lift her chin up to look me in the eye. "We'll take it one step at time, I'll be your side 'til the very end." Her ocean blue eyes sparkle as they gaze into my own. "Silly Kitty. I wouldn't be able to do this without you."