Making the First Move

Marinette's POV

"Well that was really weird, Chat Noir has never acted like that before, I wonder if he's okay." I walk back to Luka and lightly setting back onto my bed next to him. I almost get lost in my thoughts but Luka brings me back with he's velvet voice in my ear. "You really are an amazing girl Marinette, I hope you know that." His breath brushing against my ear causing me to shiver a bit. My eyes wander to the soft features on his face, so kind, so patient, so lovely, looking at him like this is making me blush, I can feel the blood rush to my cheeks.

"L-Luka. You're the amazing one not me. You've been so kind to me and so patient with everything that I'm going through." I look down at my hands that are curled into a ball, my anxiety is starting to bubble to the surface. Before a single tear can form in my eyes, I feel a warm sensation on my cheek and realize Luka had place his hand on it and had me face him. "Marinette...I'm being patient because I know that you have so many things running through your head right now that you need to sort out and I don't want to put any pressure on you for anything. You are a selfless person, you care more about others than yourself. Now it's time you care about yourself and do whatever makes you happy. Put your feelings first, not everyone else's, worry about you and your heart." Luka continues to hold my face in his hands and I lean onto him and he wraps his other arm around me sending my anxiety back down.

We stay in this embrace for awhile before I hear him clear his throat causing me to move away so I look him in the eyes. "If you like, I can take care of your heart and I can take care of you Mari. Just say the word and I will be here for you whenever you need me." As soon as the words were out of his mouth Luka quickly looks everywhere else, avoiding my gaze. "Luka, are you blushing? I've never seem that look on you before, it's kind of cute." I can't stop myself from giggling at the sight of him. Luka quickly recovers and looks right into my eyes with nothing but purity, "Well of course a girl as gorgeous as you would always make me blush." That causes me to turn a bright hue of red, I can feel how hot my skin is getting to the point I had look away and fan myself.

"Marinette! Sweetie it's getting late, Luka should be heading home now both of you need rest for school tomorrow." My mom breaks my awkward blushing as I look back at Luka who is already standing up and gathering his things to leave, without thinking about it I shoot up from my bed and go to him. "LUKA I-" Luka cuts my off by cupping my cheek into his hand drawing my face closer to him, I don't move away but what I do is wrap my hands around his wrist to keep him there. "You're amazing Marinette. Would you do me the pleasure in going on a date with me?"

 Would you do me the pleasure in going on a date with me?"

"Yes Luka, I would love to go on a date with you." I didn't even need to think about it, there is no doubt in my mind that I really do care for Luka as more than a friend. "Perfect. Tomorrow after school then. Goodnight Marinette." With that he pats my head and makes his way to the entrance of my room and climbs down, before he disappears he looks up at me a sends me a wink, causing the air to get stuck in my throat. "G-ggoodnight Luka. Let me know when you get home please!" I yelp out as I finally lose sight of him. Not long after Tikki makes herself known by floating up next to me.