Chapter 5: The Question

"Layla, will you stop daydreaming and come on," Quin said as he punches me in the shoulder.

"Wait what's going on?" As I look around the room.

"It's lunchtime. Come on I'm starving." Pandora said while running out the door.

I grab all of my things and head out of the classroom. While walking down the crowded hall I turn to hear my name being called by someone behind me. I've heard that voice where have I heard that voice before?

"Layla!" Kaname called while walking up to me.

"Hey Kaname," I say with a worried look on my face, and then some words flew out of my mouth that I wish I could take back.

"Look I'm so s-sorry. I'm I really was j-just trying to p-prove to myself that I'm okay. I'm just really a nobody. You know?"

"Woah, their schoolgirl I'm not mad at you for almost beating me at the piano," Kaname said with a laugh.

"Wait what? Look I clearly beat you I worked hard on learning that peace. I played it with grace and freedom." I crossed my arms and looking at him all stupid.

I stick my nose in the air and turn around to catch up with my friends. Then someone grabbed my wrist and spun me back around. K-Kaname what are you doing? I was so close to him, I could feel the warmth of his body near mine.

"I'm not finished with you Yagari!"

I looked into his eyes and almost couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"What the hell Kaname what's your problem?" I look at him punching myself out of his arms even tho I really just want to be closer.

"Look I just have a question that all." He said looking at me.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say."

I began to walk away when he asked me the one thing I never saw coming.

" Layla Yagari will you go on a date with me."

I turn around with a shocked look on my face. Am I dreaming? I look at him and at his friend and back at him. Then I say it the two words that I have never spoken before.

"No, thanks."

I turn around and run away in disbelief. The look on his face it was almost as if someone took a dagger and stabbed him in the heart. Poor guy guess he's never been rejected before. I finally found the table where everyone was sitting they had already got my food for me and everything how sweet of them.

"Who've you been fucking?" Pandora said with a concerned look on her face.

"Well I guess that it would have to be your brother," I said within a laugh.

"But I don't have a brother."

"And my point being."

Pandora is always the wild one out of us all. She'll say and do anything you tell her, but she is great.

"What had you caught up?" Blade asked.

"I dropped my books in the hallway," I said.

They all know that's a lie, but they just let it slip by. However, Pandora and Zurie are not going to let that slip by. They'll probably question me later about it. We finished eating and everything back to class we go. We all went to English then the training. Alaric is really going to love me. You see he's too old to be a student but always has to watch out for me. So he has become the new trainer at Cloud High. The end of the day grew near and all I could think about is getting a hot shower and kicking my feet up. I unlock the door and open it to see both of the girls standing waiting for me to tell them the truth. Well, I called it.

"You better start talking or I'll force you to talk," Pandora said while she crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

I know she knows where my tickle spot is so do I really feel like it. I question myself for what seemed like hours.

"Come on girls just let me get a shower and relax."

Pandora starts to walk closer to me with her arms out like a zombie.

"Fine, fine I'll tell yall."

"Its that boy. I knew it." Pandora said looking at Zurie.

"Girls look it wasn't nothing much other than she just asked me on a date."

"Omg, Zurie grab my bags it's makeup time," Pandora said pointing at the bag lying on the floor.

"No guys, I turned him down."

"Say what?" Zurie said in shook.

"I'm killing you. Why would you do that, you big dumb idiot." Pandora said chasing me around with a pillow.

"Look will yall listen."

I finally got them to sit down and hear me out. I told them about the way he grabbed me and the feeling of him against me.

"I just wish I could get that close to Hanabusa. I mean just them eyes and that pail skin." Pandora said while biting her lip.

"I just wish I could just study with Takuma. His smarts are averagely defining." Zurie says playing with her pencil.

Then I had it. I would go on a date with Kaname Kuran but only if it can be a triple date, but how will Kaname feel about it?