Chapter 10: The Dance

I went to my room that night with a smile on my face. For the rest of that week, I continued to train with Alaric and help out with the school dance alongside Kaname. Takuma asked Zurie to the dance and Pandora ended up asking Hanabusa. Pandora finally told him how she feels and she was shaken to hear his response. Hanabusa was too scared to ask her because he feared that her answer was no. Zurie and I have been staying up late working on our dresses. I've decided to go with a lace rose pattern for the upper body and also run it down the sleeves and for the lower half I'm doing a rose-red cupcake bottom. I can't wait.

Everyone went to class as normal and we all are so excited for the dance tonight. We are getting out early to get ready and everything. I really hope Kaname is going to like my dress. The last bell rang and everyone went to their rooms.

"Layla," Kaname calls me from behind.

I turn around to be face to face with him.

"I'll see you out on the dance floor later what I?" Kaname asked.

No, I've decided that I don't want to go anymore. I say.

"Wait really?"

No Kaname I'm just messing with you. I say while laughing.

He walked me to my room and I walk in to see Zurie finishing up some last details to her dress. Pandora has decided to go with a messy loose wrap around hairstyle and she will be wearing a strapless short black dress with ruffles. Zurie is doing a half up half down hairdo with a vintage tulle flower high neck sweep train navy blue gown. And for me, I'll be doing a fishtail braid into flower and loose curls also I'll be wearing a red lace top dress with a cupcake bottom.

Once we are all dressed and ready to go we lock arms and walk all the way to the courtyard out back where Kaname and the boys are waiting for us.

"Are y'all ready to do this?" Pandora asked in worry.

"We can conquer anything together. I know we have this." Zurie said looking at us both.

Let's do this.

We walk out, side by side and try to brush off all the eyes on us and focus. I see Kaname talking to Hanabusa at the punch table. I smile and make my way over to him. As I get closer to him the more clear he gets. His beauty was even more striking than it's ever been before. He's wearing a black tux and a red rose tie. His long black hair was pushed out of his face and his light eyes light up like fireflies. He was truly Kaname Kuran. He was my Kaname Kuran.

"Wow," Kaname said as he watches me walk up to him.

"You look stunning Layla."

Thank you. I say with a smile.

You might want to close your mouth before you start grueling everywhere.

Kaname was speechless for what seemed like hours. He couldn't take his eyes off of me.

So are you going to ask me to dance, my fine sir?

"Will you please let me have this dance with you?" He said baling down and kissing my hand.

Of course.

He takes my hand and leads me out to the dance floor. He places one hand around my waist and the other holds my hand out to the side. My hand is on his waist and holds his other hand. We step back and forth, side to side. He spins me around and then pulls me closer to him.

"I didn't know you could dance so well," Kaname said kissing the top of my head swaying me.

You're not so bad yourself. I say within a giggle.

Kaname?

"Yes, my love."

I don't want this moment to end.

"I know. If only life was this easy." He said clearing his throat trying not to cry.

I don't want to go back home, I want to stay with you forever. I say looking up at him.

"I know Layla but trust me when I say this once you find out who I truly am you'll hate me. You'll probably even wish to kill me." He said looking at me while a tear ran down his face.

I'll never wish to kill you Kaname. You're the one I wish to be with until the end of time. I don't care about what darkness you bring. We'll both work to make the light shine and let the new rising sun give us a new day of hope. You and I make a whole. I say wiping his tears away off his cheek.

"Layla, how did I get so lucky?" He asked.

I'm the lucky one Kaname Kuran.

I look around to see Zurie and Takuma dancing. Pandora and Hanabusa kissing and the twins dancing with another set of twins. Everyone was laughing and smiling.

"Damn, I forgot it," Kaname said.

What?

"I forgot to bring your gift."

Gift?

"I need to go get it." He said walking away.

Kaname let me go with you.

We both make our way to Kaname's room.

So you got me a gift?

"Yes, it's nothing much but I just wanted to give you a little something to remember me by. To show you I'm always here for you and I care." He said with a smile.

I know I'll love it.

He opens his door and we walk in. It smells like hair gel and freshly ironed clothes. He walks to the desk that held a black box with a tiny white ribbon wrapped around it. I sit down on his bed and he walks over to me.

"Layla Yagari will you please accept this gift from me?" He asks getting down on both knees.

Yes, I do.

I grab the box out of his hands and carefully untie the white ribbon around the box. I set the ribbon beside me. Before I open the tiny black box I take one last look at Kaname and then open it.

Kaname, It's beautiful. I say as I admire the gold bracelet.

Can you help me put it on?

I take the bracelet out of the box and handed it to Kaname.

"So you like it?" He asks as he puts the bracelet around my wrist.

I love it. Thank you so much, Kaname. I say hugging him.

I promise to never take it off I'll cherish it forever.

Kaname smiles and without hesitation he kisses me. The feeling of his lips against mine is the best feeling. He stands up and leans me back against the bed. I look at him and this time I won't push him away.