Chapter 13: Home

I wake up back in my warm bed. The softness of the sheets and the smell of breakfast in the air. I'm really back home.

Knock. Knock.

"My lady breakfast is ready and your mother is waiting for you downstairs." Alaric said on the other side of the door.

Yes, I'll be down in a minute. I yell.

I got dressed and made my way down the stairs. I opened the door to see Blade and Quin standing in the same spot as always. While mother sat at the end of the table still dressed to perfection. I walk to my seat and sit down.

"Oh my darling daughter how much you have grown. Please take a seat and tell me everything." My mother said putting her book down.

I sat there and told her everything. I told her about the piano, the training, the dance, graduation, and all about the school.

She laughed and smiled. We both sat in silence when she said "What about boys?"

Boys? I didn't have time for any. There was one guy that was in my piano class but I can't remember his name. You know mother boys are over the top. I said,

I wonder to myself why does it feel like I'm forgetting someone.

Meanwhile, Kaname can't remember either. He arrived home late that night with a smile on his face and walked outside to look up at the moon.

"I'll never forget.... Wait what will I not forget."

His once bright smile was no longer around and his once warm heart now went back cold. He was back to being alone with no one to hold.

Everyone forgot but why?

Motherrr, I say in rage

I have proven myself to be a fit queen why keep putting it off.

"There is a new war against the black wing king and if you win the crown is yours." Mother said.

Then I shall kill the black wing king. I say standing up and walking out of the room.

Pandora and Zurie came over and I told them what was about to happen.

"Wait you were supposed to get the crown when you got back now she's changing her mind again." Pandora said mad.

"According to all the books you are meant to receive the crown once achieved all the requirements. However death will change fate and you'll get crowned queen or king." Zurie said twisting her hair around her finger.

Well now it looks like I have to go to war. I'm going to miss you guys. I said sitting down on my bed.

"Layla are you crazy I'm fighting along side you until the very end." Pandora said placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Me to so snap out of it." Zurie said slapping me.

Ouch. What was that for?

"Too much?" Zurie said.

"Yeah just a little too much." Pandora said with a laugh.

We all talk everything over and head into town to see Jade. Jade was a human with magical hands. He can make a full suit of armor with just paper. Even though people pick on him because he's not like us I make him feel like this is home. His family has worked for mine for years now and I want to continue that.

Hey Jade you home? I say knocking on the door.

The door opens to a short boy with glasses.

Hey Jade can we come in? I say with a smile.

"Of course my lady." He said fumbling around a helmet.

The helmet falls to the floor and he picks it up and we all walk inside.

"Please excuse the mess." Jade said walking around the room picking things up.

"My home is usually not this messy."

"Home more like a pig pin." Pandora said covering up her nose.

"Ouch," Pandora said as I stepped on her foot.

It's fine we dropped in unexpected.I say with a smile.

"So what is this surprise visit for?" Jade said rubbing his hands together.

I'm afraid that we need new armor for all the soldiers and me. We are to be headed off to war against the black wing king in a month. I'm sorry to drop this all on you at once. I say.

"Well that is seventeen all nighter and three tubs of whisky." Jade said looking at his calendar.

Can you do it?

"Of course I can I'm Jade the armor man." He said pointing at himself.

"More like a kid." Pandora said rolling her eyes.

Thank you for everything I'll be back in a month's time. I say walking out of his home.

Pandora do you always have to be unlady like? I say grabbing her wrist.

"I just don't like pigs and dirt." Pandora said walking off.

She'll never find her a man acting like that. I say with a laugh.

"Well maybe one day we will all find someone." Zurie said, grabbing my hand.

In one months time I will finally kill the black wing king and become queen.