Chapter 17: Her Laugh

I hold out my hand and he takes the ring out of the box and slides it on my finger.

Wait is this the bloody rose ring? I question looking at it then back up at Kaname.

"Well when Zurie and Takuma came back they handed me this box and I opened it to see a glass red rose ring inside. They told me they found it at my castle in my mother's room. Takuma said he remembered the ring that was so beautiful but yet locked away and when he saw the pictures of what it was said to look like he knew where it was. I knew that this ring was not only for us to remember but this ring needs to be worn by the most beautiful woman I know as an engagement ring." Kaname said, holding my hand.

I love you so my Kaname Kuran.

"And I love you my queen."

After everything we both end up laying down on my bed and fall asleep. Being cuddled up to him once again felt amazing. I can't believe I'm about to marry the black wing king, the man that was once my rival and now my lover.

We laid there until late that afternoon. I knew it was time to get up but I did not move because I wanted to continue to watch Kaname sleep. He looks like a child when he sleeps, his long hair in his face, and his flushed cheeks. I take my hand and carefully move away his hair from his eyes.

"Good morning beautiful." He said open his eyes.

Good morning. I say with a smile.

I go to crawl out of bed when Kaname stops me.

"Just lay here a little longer with me."

I lay back down and crawl on top of Kaname and place my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

"This is nice not being rushed and just being able to lay next you without worrying." Kaname said running his fingers through my hair.

Yeah, it's great to be with you and not worry about people barging in. I say with a laugh.

"I finally get to call you mine."

Huh?

"I finally get to call you mine. I don't have to question what we are or what you want to be. I now know that for the rest of our lives I'll have you by my side and I can call you my wife."

That's right last night Kaname asked me to marry him. I now have to plan a wedding and announce that I'm the new queen, but how do I tell people my mother is dead. I really killed my own mother.

I get up and walk to the bathroom to grab a quick shower.

"Hey baby I'm going to go find the others and see what there up to." Kaname yells outside the bathroom door.

Okay.

I run my face under the warm water and I see it again. The blood everywhere and my mother's lifeless body just laying there. I run my hand back over my arm and it's all healed. I step out and walk to the mirror and grab my hand across it wiping away the white feam. I stare at myself and only see horror. My body looks lifeless and my eyes are dull. I don't feel right, something seems off.

"Do it."

I turn around as fast I could look behind me. That voice was hers, it was my mothers. I try to brush it off and get dressed and head out of my room to go look for Kaname. I find him with everyone picking up trash from last night's ball.

"Layla." Kaname said jogging to me and giving me a kiss.

"So where did you disappear off to last night?" Pandora asked.

"Yeah, yall both left the party pretty early." Zurie said walking to me.

Yeah, please forgive us. I say looking down at my feet.