Chapter 16: Mother

I walk through the front door of the castle to see my mother with her arm held out wide.

"Oh, my sweet girl you won." She said coming to give me a hug.

I back up away from her. She stands looking at me with a weird look on her face.

I'm afraid mother that it's said we won. I say spinning myself around to point at the door.

Kaname, Pandora, Hanabusa, Alaric, and the twin walk through the door.

Mother I'd like you to meet Kaname and Hanabusa from the black wing kingdom and don't let me forget Kaname is the black wing king also known as my lover. I say holding Kanames hand.

The look on my mother's face was so different that I had no idea what she was thinking. Was she mad? Was she happy? Did she want to kill them? Then she spoke.

"Oh, well congrats on becoming lovers we shall through a grand ball in you hanor Kaname." She said walking up to him holding out her hand.

I was confused. Why was she acting like this? Does she know she lost?

"Thank you, your magastity." Kaname said taking her hand placing a small kiss on it.

She walks off and disappeared along with Alaric.

Well that was weird. I say looking at everyone.

"Well let's not worry too much about it and just enjoy the ball tonight." Kaname said, looking at me.

Before everyone settles in I walk out to the courtyard to get in front of everyone once again.

Hello my friends and family. I was taking note that all of you are confused and wondering why the people from the black wing kingdom are here. Well I would like to inform you that they are no longer our eminmes but our friends. Kaname Kuran the black wing king is also my lover however, I hope all of you will come to understand this. There will be a grand ball being held tonight for everyone to honor the black wing king and his people. I think all of you for your time and understanding.

I walk off and head back to the castle when Kaname grabs my hand.

"You really are the white wing princess." He says smiling.

Yes I am.

"No one would have been able to make everyone understand and accept it that quickly. How do you do it?" Kaname asked.

Well you see for years I walked around my home getting to know and help everyone. I wanted my people to see me as a friend not a ruler. Everyday I would come out and talk with everyone and listen to them. Some dreamed of having a wish fountain and I placed a wish foundation down. Others asked for a better food court and I worked hard to get them it and I did. I rebuilt stables, helped plant gardens, and let people see I cared. I say walking inside.

"And that is the reason you should already be queen." Kaname said, smiling at me.

We walk to my room and Kaname walks around my room looking at everything as I try to find something to wear tonight.

"Your room is really girly for my taste." He says.

Well it's not meant for a guy. I say walking out in a black dress.

"Wow, Layla you look amazing." Kaname said walking to me placing each one of his hands around my waist.

"I wish I had something to look amazing in." He said, looking down.

What do you mean? I ask.

"Well I'm going to be wearing my armor."

Not on my watch. I say grabbing his hand dragging him with me to my mother's room.