Chapter 20

I swipe my sweaty palms over the creases of my black dress. Tonight is my date with Aiden and I'm so nervous, nervous because he's my friend and going on a date is strange but I couldn't say no and if it doesn't go well, he promised it wouldn't change our friendship. I slide my feet into my black heels and grab my little bag placing my phone inside with some lip gloss before standing, I look at my reflection in the full length mirror before I sigh and exit the room.

My heels tap on the wooden floor as I make my way down the hall to the kitchen, I pour myself a glass of water because my mouth was dry. I gulp it down quickly wash it out and place it on the dry rack. I walk into the living room seeing Ash and Ace playing Call Of Duty "Is this the new one?" I ask making my presence known.

Ash concentrates on the game not looking my way "Yeah, it's the Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, came out today"

Ace has his tongue out resting it on his bottom lip in concentration, It's adorable. He glances my way from the corner of his eye looking me up and down but his eyes shoots immediately back to the screen "Where you going?" Ace questions.

"On a date" I admit. Ash looks my way ripping his eyes away from the screen.

"Um.. with who?" He says as if he doesn't approve. 

"Aiden" I shrug.

I watch as Ace glances at me quickly, "You're not going on a date with him" Ash scoffs.

"Why?" I say in confusion. I'm fed up of him saying who i can and can't go out with, he didn't even like Brandon even though he was the sweetest. 

"I don't like him" He states.

"You don't know him" I hiss.

"Exactly" He shrugs glaring my way.

"Shut up, when did you become so protective and worry who I date?"

"You know when" He sternly spoke, I roll my eyes. I'm still getting nightmares but he doesn't know what they are about, if he did I don't think he would allow me near any boys even when I know every male isn't like that.

A knock on the front door sounds the whole apartment, I pad to the door quickly, "I want to speak to him before!" Ash shouts.

"Hi" I smile after I open the front door.

"Hey" He looks me up and down with a coy smile on his lips, his eyes met mine, "You look beautiful"

"Thanks" I blush finding the compliment rare coming from his lips,  "Come in, my brother wants to meet you" I roll my eyes.

"I've already met him" He chuckles.

"I know but you're taking me on a date so he feels the need to play protective brother" I laugh. We walk through the archway of the living room, Ash quits the game before standing and meeting Aidens eyes.

"So you're taking my baby sister out?" Ash spoke trying to be intimidating. I sigh at him calling me baby sister.

"Yeah, I promise I'll take good care of her" 

Ace scoffs and we all cock our heads towards him "Sorry" He half smiles and leaves the room.

"If you don't, I'll break your legs" Ash smiles. 

"Asher!" I warn.

"What?" He shrugs.

"I agree" Aiden smiles with a nod, he's too nice.

"Let's go" I push Aiden past the archway and give Ash a dirty look.

When sitting in his car, the radio plays lowly, "I like your brother" He chuckles.