1

Lee: Did you make it ok?
Clem: Yeah dad. It's a small town, very nice.
Lee: Glad you like it. Call me if you need anything.
Clem: I will. Thanks dad!
Lee: AJ says hello.
Clem: Tell him hi. I'll call you later. Bye!
Lee: Bye, sweet pea.

Clementine began to unpack all her belongings in her new apartment. There wasn't much, just a few pairs of clothes and her study books from her old University. College didn't work out for her, maybe a new start can help her find her place.

She placed her last suitcase on the small bed of her small apartment. There came a knock on the door. Clem went to open the door, greeted by a redhead with a fruit basket in her hands. An excited look on her face as she handed the basket of fruit to the brunette.

"Hi, I'm Brody. I live a couple rooms next door to you. Are you moving in, or on a business trip?" She asked energetically, looking at the tired woman from driving to the town just this morning. She asked with such curiosity and looked at Clem with her child like stare.

"Uuh... moving in. I just drove all the way from Macon and I'm tired." She answered, hoping this stranger would leave her in the quiet room by herself.

"Well, me and my friends were going out to eat and hit up some clubs. If your down, you can join us." She said, inviting the brunette, a confused look played her face as she looked at the redhead, then at the fruit basket on her hands.

The sincere expression of the stranger looked Clem in the eyes. The brunette looking back at the comfort of her bed before answering her. Looking at the girl, Brody.

"I- I want to use today as a me day. Like I said, I'm tired. Sorry to disappoint." She told her, Brody didn't look disappointed at all though. She had an understanding expression on her face as she took out post-it note and pen.

"Makes sense to me. If you change your mind, or ever feel like you need someone to talk to. Just call me from this number." She handed the brunette the post-it. Taking it gladly as she read the number scribbled on it.

"Don't you live next door to me? Why can't I just swing by?" Clem asked confusingly, watching Brody switch stances. Looking the brunette into her hazel eyes.

"Chances are, I'm not there. I'm hardly home, always with friends." She said. Taking a look at her phone, gasping at the notification that popped up. Looking back at the new arrival she quickly said her goodbye. "I have to go. Nice to meet you, uuh..."

"Oh. Clem, Clementine." She said, realizing that she hasn't properly introduced herself. Brody nodded to the brunette and began tapping rapidly on her phone. Shuffling to the apartment exit awkwardly as she sent a text to one of her friends.

Clementine closed the door and made her way back to the bed. She finished putting her belongings in organized drawers. After cleaning up her new room she flopped onto her new, surprisingly comfy bed. Closing her eyes, feeling all her weight fall over.

Clementine woke up for what felt like only a couple of minutes. Yet she was full of energy. She looked at the clock hanging on the wall, reading 6:40. Her gaze met the slip of paper that sat on the dresser. Getting out of the bed, she grabbed some new clothes and brushed her teeth.

Walking over to the dresser, Clementine took the slip of paper and read the ten digit number written on it. She picked up her phone and began dialing the set of numbers into it. She kept her stance there, hovering over the call button. Keeping her wits about her she pressed it. Waiting for the ringing, for her newfound friend to pick up. Surely enough, some static fell in line of where another dial ring would be.