3

Clem stayed at her old house for the entire day. Reckoning her dad might come back some time before AJ came home from school. Her worries have not died down from the previous night. She didn't think anything bad would happen to her dad but yet, she couldn't see a reason why it wouldn't.

She always seemed like a bad luck charm. Anywhere she went something bad happens. And just like her and AJ's parents died, Lee is no longer in the picture. She couldn't live down the deaths of her parents. If Lee died... She wouldn't be able to cope well enough.

She dialed his number again, listening to the rings. The phone was picked up and brought hope to the brunette. But the small voice on the other end reminded her of where his phone was.

"Clementine?" The small, innocent boy asks as she exhaled. She had forgotten he had the phone.

"Hey, kiddo. You on your way home?" She asks, getting an energetic 'yup' from the boy as she closed her eyes. Tears forming as she had to tell the boy the news. She had to assume the worst if he hasn't been home for days. She couldn't leave her brother alone in a house.

"Okay. I'll see you soon." She told the boy. "When you get back, pack up. We're going to my place. Dad isn't home and I have to be getting back so I'm taking you with me. Cool?"

"Yes! Thank you thank you thank you. Clem your the best!" He chimes. Clementine can imagine her brother skipping to the sound of her words.

"Okay, see you soon." She said to him, hanging up the phone.

Then, she looked back at the message she received the day prior. Renaming the unknown caller as Green-Eyed. The one quality about the girl that stood out were those emerald eyes. Clem only wished what happened that night.

She does in fact remember playing a card game which led to an argument. Then we moved onto spin the bottle. Then... She kissed her. Violet and Clementine shared a kiss. I mean, it was spin the bottle, but she could've asked a question instead. Clementine grazed her lips with her hand. Relishing the feeling she had that night.

After that kiss everything gets a bit hazy. Hell she doesn't even know if Violet likes her back. Not the way she felt about her. Clementine almost kept replaying that memory in her head. She would have too, until the secret knock approached the door. Snapping her out of her daze.

Clementine opened the front door to meet her little brother. He dashed inside, throwing his backpack on the floor as he ran to his room. Desperately trying to get ready for the long trip back.

Clementine giggled at the silliness of her brother and reached for her phone again. Looking back at the new contact before typing. It was slow at first, hesitant. Every second increasing every urge to speak with her new blonde friend.

Clem: hey, how you holding up?

Green-eyed: fine

Clem: you are not fine, Vi

Green-eyed: yes I am. Where'd you go anyway?

Clem: I'm out of town, I had to take care of things. If you want I can hang sometime later tonight or tomorrow. Now's not a good time.

Green-eyed: I get it. Bye

Clem: bye.

"Okay Clem. I'm ready!" Her brother said, holding his bags and running to the car to put his things in the trunk. Clem couldn't help but admire his innocence. For all he knew, Clem was his real sister and Lee was his real dad. He only viewed the positive things, he thinks this is a vacation for him. She smiles at the boy who waited by the car.