19

"I know we've asked a lot of you Minnie, but you need to think harder. What else should we expect from the Delta?" Clementine asked for the fourth time in the past five minutes. Minnie feeling useless with the same 'I don't know' answer she's given the past three times before.

"I wish I can help more, I really do. But I honestly don't have any more leads to help you guys. Believe me, I want those bastards to pay for what they did to me." Minnie answered, the last sentence running cold and venomous.

"Okay, I believe you." Clem said, feeling guilty for dragging this out longer than it had to be. "Thank you for everything you've done for the team. You have been a huge help for what its worth."

"Yeah. I just wish I can be more useful." Minnie says again. "I want to see him burn in hell." Minnie added.

"Him?" Clem questioned, getting the redhead to have a sense of realization.

"I meant 'them.'" She corrected herself.

Clementine looked away and veered her eyes to meet the green ones across the room. They were contemplated and she stared at the broken redhead next to Clem. And as much as she hated to admit it, she didn't like how much Vi was looking at her.

"When are your friends gonna get here, C? We're burning daylight." Brody asked. Sometimes she called Clem 'C' and Clem would call her 'B'. It was their own little thing.

"They're running late. I'm sure they'll be here soon." Clem answered blindly.

"They tend to be late a lot." The metallic voice emitting from the phone carried by Louis said. He shrugged as Clem set her eyes on him.

"They'll be here. They're just busy, probably." Clementine said again, turning her look to Brody again who's phone vibrated briefly.

"Can I have a moment?" Brody asked before stepping out of the room to take the call. Clem then moved her gaze back to the blonde who wasn't standing where she was a minute ago.

"How are you feeling?" Violets soothing voice cleared the silence before getting a response out of the redhead.

"Terrible. I feel used at Delta and useless here." Minnie said before dialing her tone down so that she can only let Violet hear. "What if he comes looking for me?"

Clementine furrows her eyebrows and Violet catches her gaze. She shook her head as Minnie wrapped her arms around the blonde. Violets look said that she knew and that she would fill her in later. At least that's what Clem got from it.

Minerva's hug continued and lingered for way too long for Clem's liking. She looked at Violet gently and project her thoughts onto her. But alas, Vi couldn't read minds.

"Ahem!" Clementine scoffed, watching Minnie retract herself from Violet before returning her glare back onto the brunette.

"Your hiding something." Clementine accused, feeling the heat rise onto her skin. Her frustration growing evermore as she got up close to the redheads face. Looking back and forth between eye to eye. Waiting for the cracked lenses to tell the brunette all they learned.

Minerva squirmed from the glare. The amber eyes piercing through her as she tried recollecting again. Tell her some other random useful Delta information and hope she hasn't told her yet.

"I-I'm not hiding anyth..." Minnie began being cut off by Violet. The blonde speaking up with a hoarse voice.

"There's a guy in the Delta that Minnie is afraid of." She told her, getting four pairs of eyes on her.

"Violet!" Minnie interrupted, "you promised."

"We can't get through this obstacle as a secret. Everyone has to know, Min." Vi said to her. The nickname feeding into Clem's jealousy as she fights her urge to blow up in their faces. She trusts Violet, but that's one thing. Trusting Minnie was a completely other thing.