25

Clementine woke up feeling lighter than ever. Considering today was going to be the day she and her friends would charge into a Delta base camp, she couldn't feel less happy.

She thought back to last night, and the whole day in general. Her mind lingering on the blonde as she grinned from ear to ear. She got up from bed and to her closet. She put on some basic clothes when her eyes fell on the dress she wore yesterday. A relief sigh fell out since she wasn't wearing it anymore, and she never will after the damage caused by it. It had been torn and scratched, it was now trash.

She then pulled out her phone and made a ring. Dialing in her friend's number as she left her bedroom and into the living room.

"Hello," Brody answered.

"Hey, you home?" Clementine asked as she grabbed a bowl of cereal and began eating.

"Yeah, I'm at my place. I take it today is the day?" She said, making Clem feel slightly bad about the situation. Putting her friends into a fight that didn't belong to them.

"You know, you don't have to come with us. I'd hate to ask you to do something you're unsure of." Clem said.

"No! I want to. I just wasn't expecting it to come so soon. It feels like we hadn't been planning this for the past week. It's odd to see where we're at now." Brody said through the phone.

"Yeah, I can't believe that we're here either. I wish we didn't have to. I really don't even like the idea of you or Violet or Louis going. But I can't make you guys stay."

"You're not alone in this, Clem," Brody assured, letting the brunette smile soft although Brody couldn't see it.

Clementine couldn't stop thinking about last night. So she decided she needed to tell somebody. Brody had been her closest friend this whole time since moving here. Partly because they lived just a couple rooms next door but also because they shared common interests.

Clementine told the girl on the phone everything. From the picnic to the ice rink and how fun it was. Learning it for the first time. All the way to them watching the sunset. She couldn't help but imagine the whole day as she explained it with such detail.

Brody listened to everything, relishing her friend's wholesome behavior. Clementine made sure to leave nothing unsaid. Leaving it when she told her about the sunset and what happened after.

"You sound like you had a lot of fun. I hope you two stay together, you guys are just perfect for each other." Brody said and Clem breathed out excitedly.

"You wanna walk me to Louis's house? We can stop by the coffee shop." Clem said and Brody laughed.

"I was going to anyway, but you can't back down on coffee. I'll see you soon." Brody said.

"Yeah, see ya," Clem said back and the call ended. She finished her cereal and grabbed her purse. Turning her head to peek inside AJ's room, she can see him tucked in his bed safe and sound.

Clementine walked out of the apartment room and took a deep breath. Today was the day. She walked over two doors and knocked on her friend's door. An Auburn-haired girl walking outside.

"Hey C. You ready for that coffee?" Brody said as she grinned widely at the smile molded onto the brunette's face.

"Alright. But we go straight back to Louis's house. Got it?" Clementine said playfully but serious.

"C'mon. When have I ever led us astray?" Brody questioned.

"Oh come one. Remember that one time we were supposed to meet the gang at the pandemonium, but you wanted to stop and check out the sales for shoes." Clem tried reminding her.