27

After what felt like an eternity, Clementine opened her heavy eyes. The vivid colors and details hitting her immediately. She was in a truck and Lily was the driver. She couldn't help but squirm and tilt her head to the older women's direction.

"Li-Lily?" Clementine let out, her voice was raspy and broken. Her head aching like a drum was being played in her brain loudly. Her breathing still abnormal from the attempted strangulation.

"Clem, your awake. You're going to be okay. We're safe from those assholes." Lily said. "And just in time too. A couple more seconds, you'd be dead. But that doesn't matter right now, what matters is taking you home."

"Where's Violet? And Brody or Sophie?" Clementine asked softly. Answered by a sad shake of the head from Lily. Clem dipping her head down to her feet and stifled a cry. The soft and quiet sobs heard from the older woman as she sighed.

"Look Clem, I'm sorry. I didn't have time to save anybody else. It's already a hellstorm over there." Lily said.

Clementine not speaking as she couldn't stop the tears from falling down her face. She looked up for only a moment and saw someone on the road and screamed quickly. Lily looking at the road and swerving hastily to avoid hitting the man.

Clementine opened the door to crawl outside and was helped up by the same man on the road. Now she can see his features. Figuring out that she knew the man, the same man from the park. Bill Carver, Violet's old employer and the man who seeks out The New Frontier.

"Oh, it's you. I didn't think you were serious about being ready to kill me." The man said with a raspy voice, keeping his smile on.

"C-C-Carver," Clementine said fearfully. Watching as his gaze crept up behind her. Clementine looked behind her and saw Lily walking towards the man.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going. My niece helped me notice you on the road." Lily said and stepped closer to the man.

"Really." He said and looked at the woman square in the face. Lily looking at the man's facial features for half a second before pulling out a sidearm and aiming it at his head.

"You fuck!" She screamed, Carver chuckling at her behavior and stepped back.

"Look, I know who you are. You're from a group calling themselves the Delta. Little note of advice; The New Frontier wants you guys out of the picture." Carver speaks slowly and confidently. "So, if you could kindly lead me to your little base or headquarters, whatever you want to call it. I want to find The New Frontier. It means a lot to me."

"And why should I let you have your way?" Lily asked and Carver looked to me and ended his smile.

"Because your niece was a part of an untrusted experiment to her Central Nervous System. Move her front hair and notice the incision on the top of her forehead. The New Frontier has been continuing these experiments for years. They killed my daughter." Carver said in sorrow.

"What?" Lily said, turning to Clementine slowly. She reached for the brunettes head, Clem not even fighting it as she felt Lily's fingers graze the scar on her head. "What the fuck did they do to you?"

"They've been obsessed with altering the personalities of an individual. My daughter wasn't given the luxury of knowing what she was being put through. And I can probably say the same for your niece." Carver told Lily, her arm falling and dropping the weapon in her hand.

"Is this true, Clem?" Lily asked, Clementine looking toward the older women and nodded silently. Something the brunette wanted so desperately to forget, but can't seem to run from it.

"So what do we do?" Lily asked the man as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"We kill 'em. Every last one of those freaks with brands. For my daughter, and for whatever your niece has been put through." He said viciously.