5

Clementine looked up from the computer to see AJ standing in front of her. She sees the joy in him after spending a day outside with some friends. She smiled at the cheeky grin the boy gave her.

She notices that the curls on his head slides down from the sweat planted on his forehead. His face was red from the frosty December air.

It's been two weeks since they had come back into town and still no word from Lee. This was really the end of Clems search. She had not taken it lightly and hasn't told AJ about the real issue, but she now assumed the absolute worst.

Putting her thoughts aside to take another look at her little brother who had asked her a question previously. Clementine looked back to the cold, snowy outdoors. She grabbed a scarf from the coat rack and tied it around the boy's neck. Smiling and giggling as she had done so.

"Don't want you to catch a cold." She told him, firmly tying the fabric around his neck. Watching as the boy's smile reaches ear-to-ear. He beams at the answer his sister gave as he hugged her.

"Thank you, Clem! I won't do anything stupid, I promise." AJ said inside the embrace and ran out the apartment door and ran outside of the building to meet his new friends. One of them was Tenn, Sophie's little brother. The other was Willy, one of Tenn's friends. They all got along great, for the most part.

Clementine was just happy to see AJ happy. She had wanted to see a smile that big come from the boy for weeks. Clem took out her phone and began to click through her contacts. She went to the one she wanted to talk to and started typing. Her fingers tapping the screen buttons rapidly to get the message across.

Clem: Heyy! Wanna meet by the bridge?

Green-eyes: yeah ok

Clem: Cool! See you in 10?

Green-eyes: ok see ya

Clementine thinks this will be it. The time that she can finally express what she was feeling. Clem wants to be with Violet but is scared of rejection.

She remembers the first night they met. The game of spin the bottle, how they kissed. She knows it meant nothing to Violet but it meant something to her. She had the night planned out perfectly but was unsure of what to do when she makes her move.

Clementine shrugs and tells herself that she'll think of something and puts on better clothes. She packs up the picnic items in the wooden basket and walks out the door. When she steps out of the building, she's met with the frostbite wind. She looks to her left, then her right to find her brother playing in the basketball court with his friends.

"Hey, AJ! I'm going to go out for a bit, will you be okay without me?" She asks across the court as he yelled back a "yeah" which assured her to carry on with her plans. She walked toward the dirt road that led to the river and trekked through the woods until she met the body of ice flowing downstream.

The footsteps behind her quickly was covered by more falling snow. Clementine sniffled from the cold and sneezed as she waited for the blonde woman. She walked over to the wooden bridge that crossed the very small river. Seeing a figure appear in the white of snow as they trickled down and obstructed her vision.

The woman made her way to Clementine and waved to her shyly. Violet was wearing heavy boots with really comfy pants and layers of jackets to cover the cold. Clementine looked at her fur clothing and giggled slightly.

"What?" Violet spoke up, looking at Clems light wear and looked back at her clothing. Frowning at the laughing girl on the bridge. "I don't like the cold. I hate winter."

"No. I think it's cute." Clementine said before blushing and hiding her face even though the cold already made her face red. She looked back at the blonde and grabbed the lantern to lead her into a small shed near the river. Turning the torch on and closing the door behind them to keep them warm.