16

When Clem woke up she was surprised to see AJ still in bed. "Hmm? AJ?" Clem asked confused that she was the first to get out of bed. She got up slowly and groaned loudly at the pain in her back and neck.

"Ow! Shit, I'm not sleeping on the ground again." She whined as she looked back at her younger brother. Shortly after she looked at the time on her phone and saw that it was half past nine.

She kissed her brother on the cheek and made her way out of the room. She went into the kitchen and began to brew some coffee. She was way too tired to look at her surroundings. But it was her own house, she knew what she was doing.

"Morning sweetpea." Her dad said to her.

"Morning." She said absent mindedly. Pausing for a moment before opening her eyes wider and looking at the man sitting on the dining table with a piece of toast in hand and the newspaper in his other. Startling herself over the recollection of the events last night.

"Lee!" She nearly yelled. "I forgot you were here honestly." She said while trying to calm her state of excited panic. If that was even a thing, it sure felt like it was.

"Yeah, I can't really believe it myself." Lee said as he took a bite of his toast and placed down the paper to chat with his daughter.

"Yeah, how did you get here? I mean when and why?" She asked, not really making sense of herself.

"Do you really want to know?" He asked, clearly wanting to avoid the answer.

"Yeah, I do." Clementine said as he began to take a breath.

"Well. I guess I should start with a month and some change back." He started. "I was walking back home from buying some groceries when a couple of people jumped me." He said and enticed Clem in the story.

"Anyway, they threatened my life and began to say some shit like: 'what's The New Frontier' and 'who's the leader of your group.' Honestly, I had no idea what they were talking about."

"Anyway, after weeks of constant begging, I finally got my first phone call." He said, "I called you, thinking it would probably be my last."

"That's when they said: 'it's time you meet the boss.' And I was terrified. It was a long drive but when we finally got there, let's just say, I met him. They seemed to be obsessed over this Frontier thing."

"Yeah, I guess they would be." Clem said unconsciously.

"What do you mean by that?" Lee questioned. Alerting Clem that she had said something she wasn't supposed to say. She finally opened her mouth to speak. Her voice nearly being heard.

"Dad!" She was interrupted right on time. AJ running towards the table and swinging his arms around Lee. They both shared a moment and AJ began to tell him everything minus The New Frontier thing.

"That sounds fantastic! Why dont we do something today? All of us." Lee said as he hoisted AJ and looked at Clem.

"You two go on ahead. I should uh, go see someone." Clementine said before building a smirk on Lee's face.

"Sweetpea. Do you have a new boyfriend?" He tried mocking.

"No! I just want to-"

"She has a girlfriend!" AJ exclaims, "she's so cool. I like her a lot."

"Oh. Really?" Lee asked, looking at Clem questioning.

"Uh... yeah." She sighed in defeat.

Lee stared at her a few more moments. Looking at her dumbfounded at the statements the two had made. His eyes read nothing like his mind blanked out.