17

As the two happy girls walk closer to the door at the end of the hallway where Clem's room stood. They began to feel queezy. Clementine began wondering if Lee would even accept Violet into the family and Violet was terrified about other means. But they both remained confident.

Clementine turned with her heels as she was in front of her door. Turning to her girlfriend as she smiled. The blonde smiling shyly back at the brunette as they remained still for many minutes. Clementine broke the silence which also broke the fake smile she put on.

"So... I should tell you..." Clementine started.

"Oh no." Violet moaned, cursing herself for being dragged all the way over here with false hope.

"What? I haven't even spoken yet."

"You don't have to." Violet said. "Any time someone says that usually means: 'hey my dad's a piece of shit. Hey my dad is homophobic. My dads an alcoholic dick that remains on the couch to watch stupid UFC fighting competition and beats me every night." Violet said, feeling shaky after saying all of that. Clementine sighing as she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend.

"This isn't about meeting my dad, is it?" Clem asked, borrowing her chin in the blonde's neck.

"Clem, you don't get it. I've lived through disappointment. I can live with it but I'm tired of being judged, of being hated." Violet cried, letting herself go on the touch of the brunette.

"Its okay. My dad would love to meet you, I'm sure of it. You're sweet, gentle, strong. I mean yeah it might be weird for him that your a girl but I'm sure he'll understand." Clem said, moving the blonde to face her.

"I... I dont know if I can do this. I can't watch it happen to you too." Violet stammered on. Looking petrified and her legs began to fail.

"Hey, its gonna be okay. Lee is really nice. He's very understanding." Clem assured, Violet stops and looks at the amber eyed girl curiously.

"Wh-what was that name?" Violet asked, receiving a confused look from Clem. "Clementine, what is your dad's name?" She asked more desperately this time.

"Uh..." Clem began, wondering why she became suddenly interested in her father. "...Lee." Clementine finished, watching the puzzled look on the blonde quickly shift to a small smile. She wiped her tears and walked up to the door and knocked.

"You know I have a key right?" Clementine retorts as footsteps grew nearer to the door and interrupting the brunette from inserting the key. Lee standing at the door with a smile on his face.

Covering his face was a strange amount of frosting. He raised his hand with a napkin and wiped the mess off his face. Smiling even more like a dork then before.

"Hey sweetpea." He greeted, looking beyond the brunette and noticing the blonde behind her. He pointed to her and put a questioning face. "Violet, right?"

"That's right sir. Lee, right?" Violet asks, stepping forward to be beside Clementine.

"Well come on in! We were just about to cook something." Lee made an opening for the girls but stopping the blonde.

Waiting for Clementine to make her way inside and find AJ. Lee looked at Violet with a surprised look. He shook it off with a smile.

"You must be Clem's new girlfriend." He said.

"What? How did you-" Violet starts.

"I have a sixth sense. How long have you guys been, you know, together?" Lee asks, questioning the blonde as she thinks for a moment.

"Not that long. We're kind of new at this really." Violet answers, looking back at the man that is her girlfriend's father.

"Can you keep what happened back at the depot between us?" Lee asks, looking back at his children who are having a blast talking with each other. "I don't want Clem to get worried. I could already tell she has other things on her mind."