8

A sound rang into Clementines ears, the music roaring through the apartment walls. She woke up and rubbed her head annoyingly. She got up and walked out of her room, seeing AJ in the living room dancing with a huge smile on his face. Her head ringing at the volume of the music.

"Can you turn that down!" She yelled, AJ hadn't even seemed to notice she was in the room yet. She walked over to the stereo and unplugged the box. AJ stopped dancing as soon as the noise ended and frowned at his sister.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked, pouting at the sudden silence in the room.

"You can't just play loud music like that. You disturb people while they're sleeping. What time is it anyway?" Clem told him as he shrugged.

"Twelve. I didn't think it was a big deal." He said as Clem rolled her eyes. Sighing as she took a seat on the couch.

"AJ, if you play music that loud, people might get mad. Cops can be called and you can be taken away, you understand?" She says in a serious tone. AJ made a weird face and took a breath.

"Why would they take me away? You're my sister." He asked confused at the statement.

"Because I'm not your parent or legal guardian. That involves paperwork that I'm not up to doing." She tells him, sighing as AJ pulls an understanding gesture.

Just then the door was knocked on. They both jumped at the sudden sound and Clementine got up. She got worried slightly and walked up to the door. Twisting the knob all the way and opening the door slowly.

Standing at the door was Brody. She looked tired and was still in her pajamas.

"Sorry to have to tell you this, but can you keep it down? There are people that are trying to sleep." She told the brunette and looked inside the apartment to lock eyes with AJ. Giving a friendly smile before returning her gaze back to Clem.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was just asleep too. I'll shape AJ up, I'm so sorry about that." Clem apologized, looking at the snowflake long sleeve pajama shirt that the redhead wore.

"Its okay, I was just sleeping and that music blasted into my apartment and it wasn't a pleasant way to wake up." Brody told her, looking curiously at the brunette.

"I'm sorry Brody. I didn't mean to wake you up." AJ walks up to the door and looks at the redhead.

"Oh that's okay little guy. Can't stay mad at you forever." She told the boy. Giving him a soft smile to comfort him slightly. Looking back at Clem with more curiosity.

"Have you talked to Violet yet? She was supposed to come to my house last night. Maybe she slept at the hospital or something, I don't know." Brody asks, shifting her weights to her other foot and and crossing her arms.

"Nope. I was going to try and make plans right now when I got ready for the day." Clem answered, watching the woman cross her arms and run her fingers down her curls.

"That's good. I just got worried for a moment. Let me know what happened to her last night, she won't answer any of my calls."

"Sure." Clem tells the ginger as she walks her way back to her room door and opens it widely. Brody took another glance to the brunette and gave her a smile, which Clem gave back.

"Is Violet okay?" AJ asks, tugging on Clem's arm. The desperate cries for attention finally becoming apparent for the big sister.

"I don't know, I'm going to check in real quick." Clem told him as he nodded in understanding. But something about AJ's behavior recently had peeked her interest.

"Is everything okay with you?" She asks, "you've been acting a little crazy recently."

"I'm fine." AJ says. Clementine looked at him and shook her head. She knew he was lying and for once, she was going to pry.