29

Lily

Bullets fired from all angles and the woman couldn't free herself from the barrier she hid behind. She took a few shots but couldn't hit anything. The sound of a vehicle started and Lily turned around. She saw a car move and knew that it must be Clem and her friends.

"Fuck." She cursed to herself and scowled.

She looked at her gun and checked her rounds. It counted six, including the one in the chamber already made seven bullets in total. That was enough to make a move.

She rose from cover and shot at one of the Delta members. She recalled the girl to be a new member. Ana Forman. She remembered ordering her to be kidnapped and manipulated.

She moved out and joined The New Frontiers side. She then warned as many people as she could about the new threat.

"There's another group behind you guys. Murdering your men in the back." Lily told them.

"Wait what?" Javi asked as he looked back. "Kate's back there." He said and searched the mounds of dead bodies behind him.

"Shit. I knew our army was getting weaker." Ava said as she fired another shot towards the Deltas post.

"I'll go check on Kate. You guys just hold off those child-snatching assholes." David told them and made his way back.

"Fuck," Javi said as he stayed put. In a gaze somewhere else. He didn't seem to be in the right state of mind. Lily just rolled her eyes and looked to the girl next to him. Only to realize that the bald girl was eyeing her.

"I'm not going to fucking kill you. I came to help you. I'm sorry for spilling your guys' plan to them." Lily said and received a blank stare.

"Well, let's see how much you want to help us then," Ava told her and shot two shots in the Deltas direction. She downed somebody as she took cover again. "Well?"

Lily groaned as she rose and fired three shots and hitting two people. She then turned back to the bald girl and smirked. She received a genuine nod from her as Lily turned back. David was coming back and there he was behind him.

"David! Watc-" Lily tried to warn but he stopped moving. His face contorted as he fell down. The same man, Carver appeared behind him.

"David!" Javi exclaimed as he looked at the menacing man and took aim with his sidearm.

*click*

"Why the fuck is it empty again!" Javi said before knocking Lily down and stealing her gun. Lily got up and saw Javi set up for the other man. But Carver was gone.

Lily took the gun out of his hand and scowled at him. "Hands off."

"David." Javi cried out.

"Look, we need to focus if we want to get out of here alive. Now Clementine and I have concluded-"

"Where is Clementine? Was she the one in that car?" Javi asked and looked to the woman.

"Yes. We concluded that The New Frontier is at an inevitable loss." Lily explained. Javi couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"So she just ups and leaves? I should've known." Javi growled.

"Look, I told her to leave. She doesn't need to be here." Lily told him as he looked at her crookedly.

"You know, when David told me about the things he did I took control as fast as I could. I needed to overthrow him from the top. It wasn't easy, but there is one thing I do know about that is that Clementine is not innocent. She's seen and done terrible things." Javi told her.