4

Clementine sat on the opposite end of the table. They waited patiently for their meals to be served. AJ sat next to her, coloring on the kids menu color sheet. While Clem stared down at the missing body part on her hand.

She tried moving it, still feeling every muscle flex on her missing finger. But she can feel it! She couldn't think about anything else for the moment. Only observing what was not there, only to imagine the phantom movement of the finger. Her thoughts running wild, full of anger and fear and discomfort.

Her emotions going through the roof. She feels like she can cry at the sight of only having the nine fingers instead of ten. She feels like throwing shit or punching things because of what that man did to her. She also feels like she can laugh, oddly enough. She can laugh at the weakness of the man who would abuse her, make her weak. She felt stronger now, more than she's ever felt in a long time.

"So what happened?" The girl said opposite from her, breaking the ice. Clementine breaking her eye contact from her hand and onto the redhead. Her eyes full of worry and curiosity. Her gaze looking between the two siblings, checking the bruises that shown on each of their faces. A worry filling deep inside her, a worry for her new friend she had just met.

"I... it's a long story." Clementine tells her with a sigh. Her face dropping, looking at the redhead. She sent Clem a smile of assurance. The warm smile reaching the brunette and letting out a small smile back to her.

The girl beside her hasn't removed her gaze off of the boy's drawings. AJ drew plenty of pictures and was showing Violet what he can draw. She was fascinated to see that the boy was a very good artist. After listening to the light conversation that the two had made, she looked into the honey eyes of the brunette. A look that wandered the brunette and lined the girl perfectly from head to toe.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, kicking herself in the leg quite literally for her obvious question. Looking at the broken girl in front of her and the bruises that covered the left side of her face.

Clementine eyed the blonde thoroughly. Holding her hands together and placing them over the tabletop. Ready to tell them the full story. As she did so she found the couple in front of her widen there eyes. Seeing the shock course their own bodies. They stared directly at the injured hand.

Once Clementine figured out what they had been staring at the whole time, she removed her hands off the desk. Feeling embarrassed by her missing finger and moved them back under the table. She cleared her throat and looked the green-eyed girl hard. Dragged in by the nature if her beauty. Almost forgetting what she was about to say before looking back at Brody's, still surprised face.

"When I went to grab AJ, I got jumped. It's no big deal, it happens all the time in my old neighborhood. People die there more than anywhere I've ever seen, and I've been everywhere." She explained, lying to the redhead through her teeth. Seeing the girl shake her head to that statement. Looking at the blonde before facing Clementine with a displeased face.

"There's more to it than that. I can see that, Clem. You can talk to us, you know that." She pried, looking at the brunette curiously. Her worry excelling quickly with the dishonest answer of the brunette.

Clementine looked at Brody surprisingly. Watching the girl observe her, looking down every detail she made. Eyeing the girl with caring eyes, telling her that she can help. Clementine looks back at Violet who had her face dropped, looking at the brunette with a long face. Trying to decipher the young girl she met recently.

"Okay. Fine. It was my ex-husband. He used to abuse me when we were married. But when I returned, he took a visit and beat me." She explained on the verge of tears. Her silent cries reached out for them. The redhead quickly getting out of her seat to sit with the brunette. Engulfing her in a warm hug. She felt saddened by the sight of the damaged girl but was upheld to comfort her.