20

Clem rushed towards the blonde and caught up to her pretty quick. She grabbed Violet by the shoulder and turned her around to face her. Clementine noticed the distraught look on her face as she let a few tears slip.

"Violet, what happened?" Clem asked, Violets face fading not long after. Only looking more sad as she began to stutter out some words.

"Minnie said that I'm the next one on their list. I'm... what do I do?" Violet said, internally hugging herself, wrapping herself with her arms for comfort.

"Well for starters, never go alone." Clem said, sighing briefly before dragging the blonde back to the house before she tugged away. Clementine looking back with a confused glance.

"I-can we not go back there. I'd like to clear my head a little, but I would feel better if you were with me." Violet said before turning around and not making eye contact with the brunette.

"Sure." Clem said and took hold of her hand. They began walking side-by-side, hand-in-hand. Until they reached the park and Violet sat down on the bench.

It was a clear day with some sun shining down on the snowy sidewalk. The cold bench almost feeling like they sat in water. Violet didn't feel bothered by it but Clem wasn't enjoying the park bench and its slushed form.

"I like to observe others, from a distance." Violet said, Clementine leading her eyes to Violets wandering orbitals. "Also the park is a great place to be when you realize your life might be over any second." She said again.

"You're going to be fine." Clementine assured, looking directly at the side of her girlfriend's face. The blonde not making eye contact with the brunette.
"I will make sure noone gets to you."

"That's nice of you to say Clem. But you're wrong. You can't protect me. You heard Minnie, they're ruthless and terrible and heartless and will do anything to help their cause." Violet told the brunette, feeling unsure about her fate. Clementine only looking back down at the previous footsteps they left behind as they came.

"You know..." Clementine lures Violet in as she lifts up her jacket sleeve to reveal the same mark that The New Frontier brands to their newcomers. Violet looking back at the scar as she meets her golden eyes.

"When I joined this group, I had no idea what I was walking into. I mean, I knew it might involve some 'blood money' but I didn't care. I just knew that I needed it. The jobs that I was given, they were high risked. And most of the time I didn't know if I'd get home alive." Clementine told her, rolling her sleeve back down as the cold wind rushed up her arm.

"As finances got tougher and tougher, I had to ask for higher jobs. Which were even more risky. I'm talking like, bounty hunters action. I was sent to do things that I'm not proud of." She looked down at her hands, envisioning the blood, smelling the rotten aroma of what she left. Feeling the dark hole widening the more she told.

"All my victims had a chance to kill me."

"But they didn't." Violet interrupted.

"Exactly." Clem answered. "Just because they have a hit list on you doesn't mean they can get to you. We're about to storm their base and get every last one of them." Clementine said.

"We're not going to kill them though, right?" Violet asked.

"We don't have to, but we can't stop the Frontier from doing anything. Because if you do, you lose something important to you." Clem said as she still remembered the day she tried to save the kid's life.

How she found the girl crying and stopped one of the executioners from killing her. And then how AJ was taken for days and she had to tell Lee he was at a friend's for a long time. Right up until Javi and Kate began to lead, instead of David. Then they were willing to give AJ back to her. It was the longest week of her life.