16

It's the morning of my surgery.

I'm in the backseat of my dads car. Shoto came over to the house very early this morning and Aizawa, who is sitting in the passenger seat, slept over last night. Shoto held my hand very tightly as I looked forward at the winding streets leading to the hospital.

We finally arrived and my dad drove up to the front door.

"You two go on up, I'm going to park the car and Aizawa and I will bring your overnight bag up."

"Thank you sir." Shoto and I got out of the car and I led him up to the section of the hospital we needed to go to.

"Good Morning (Y/N)! Are you ready for your surgery!"

'I mean... as ready as I can be.'

"Don't worry. Recovery Girl is going to stop by after school is released to come heal you up as much as she can so you can get back to school. You've got that sports festival coming up you know! Oh. And who's this?"

"Hello, I'm Shoto Todoroki."

"Todoroki? Endeavors son?"

"Yea... that one..."

"I can see that hits a bad nerve, we just won't mention him." 'Boyfriend?' I shook my head yes and he got a big smile on his face. "Well, it's nice to meet ya kid, I'm Dr. T. I've been young (Y/N)'s doctor ever since she was born."

"So, I can assume you are performing the surgery then?"

"And you would be assuming correctly! There's nothing to worry about. It's not the most difficult surgery and my team has the most experience out of this whole hospital in the OR."

"It's experimental though, isn't it?"

"Wow, you really picked a smart one, huh (Y/N)?" I looked down at my feet a small smile appearing across my feet. "Yes, it's true that it is experimental. (Y/N) has something that nobody in the medical field has seen before. Everything in her vocal chords should be working, she even has the same quirk as her Father, but for some reason, she can't speak."

"(Y/N)? Your room is ready, you can follow me."

"While she is healing after the surgery, I can answer more questions you may have young Todoroki." We both followed the nurse to my room. She left us alone and I sat on the bed. Shoto pulled a chair up next to me and held my hands.

"Everything is going to be fine. Your dad, Aizawa and Midnight are all going to be here when you wake up. I will be here too." I smiled at him knowing he truly meant it. "I do what to say something while we are alone though. And I don't want to miss my chance to tell you."

I looked at him puzzled not knowing what be was going to say. He let go of my hands and took in a deep breath.

'I've been learning... sign... language with your... dad. He also... gave me a... book to learn... from. But, most... importantly... I wanted to say this... to you...

I love you (Y/N)'

Tears started to collect in my eyes and roll down my face. He stood up and came to hug me, wiping away my tears.

"I hated the fact that I couldn't understand what you were saying. Im still learning, but I wanted to say I love you first, so I needed to learn that fairly quickly."

'I love you too, Shoto.'

"You... do?"

'Yes!' I smiled wide and hugged him back. I could feel that his heartbeat had sped up. Was he really that nervous?

Soon my dad and Aizawa entered the room and Midnight arrived about 5 minutes later. The three boys left while the nurses and Midnight helped me get dressed for the surgery.

"You're gonna be fine sweetie, you know that?"

'Yea. My dad keeps reminding me.'

"You know how worried he is. You're his little girl. And that little boyfriend of yours. You've got him wrapped around your finger, you know that? When Doc was in here with all of us, going over the procedure, even with me standing next to him, he didn't take his eyes off of you. How did you get so lucky?"

I smiled at her, everyone sees how much Shoto cares for me and I'm just worried he's going to get bored of me and leave.

"Ok, now that your decent again, I'm gonna go grab the boys. I will be right back. I love you." She kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

We all waited another 30 minutes and it was finally time for me to go into the OR. I was pushed out of the room and to the room. The whole room was filled with the surgical team. I was pushed into the center and a very bright light hung over me.

"Well (Y/N). Are you ready?" I shook my head and Dr. T motioned to someone. A mask was put over my mouth and I closed my eyes. I was quickly taken over by darkness.