23

About a week later on the phone

"Hello?"

"SHOTO! Are you ok?"

"Yes, I'm ok. I'm in the hospital with Iida and Midoriya, but we are all doing good now."

"I was worried! Edgeshot and I were on patrol last night when everything happened and because of my costume, I didn't have my phone. I didn't see the news until this morning while eating breakfast."

"I'm sorry to worry you my love."

"Don't you 'my love' me! I know you ran straight into that fight without a thought! You're to confident Todoroki!"

I turned around to hear the door opening behind me. Edgeshot had walked through the door with one of his sidekicks.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking, you are right. I wasn't thin..."

"I WILL NOT HAVE A DEAD BOYFRIEND TODOROKI! YOU WERE LUCK STAIN DIDN'T KILL YOU! I HAVE TO GO!"

I hung up the phone and turned to Edgeshot. He was staring at me wide-eyed like he saw a ghost.

"Ok, first of all, we can talk about it if you want... Second of all, could you not use your voice quirk in my office?"

"My voice quirk? I've never used it before."

"You just did on the phone. Whoever you were yelling at probably heard it."

I couldn't really say anything else. I just used voice for the first time, and I didn't even realize it. I was angry and lost control. How could I even get that angry at Shoto? I love him.

"Hey! Snap out of it! Why don't you go get your costume on, we'll go patrol. You only have a couple days left."

"Ok, sorry I was screaming."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Well... it's just that... ugh!"

"Boyfriend troubles?"

"You don't wanna hear this."

"Look, you might not think I do, but you can't be a hero if you don't have someone you can talk to about all those bottled up feelings. Keeping a cool, calm head is a part of being able to save people." He walked around to the back of his desk and sat down in his chair. "Ok, I'm all ears."

"The Hero Killer, last night."

"Yea?"

"He was there. Endeavors son... That's my boyfriend."

"I'm slightly impressed." I smiled at him and a quiet laugh came from him.

"Well, he doesn't like his dad at all, but whether he likes it or not, underneath all of it, hes kinda like him. The man did raise him afterall. He charged into that fight with his dad, I know he did. He could have died!"

"Maybe you aren't looking at this the right way."

"What do you mean?"

"I see why you are angry. You are both first years, you aren't completely trained yet for any of this. But, he has a fighting hero spirit in him. He has to be fearless and take down criminals. He has to fight for what he loves."

I never thought about it like that. I don't think he particularly charged into that fight thinking of me, but I just wanted him to be more careful.

"You ok?"

"I think I'm better. My head feels more clear now."

"Good, now. Go get changed into your costume. We've got patrol."