37

"Hey girl! What can I do for ya?"

I walked through my dad's office door and sat down in front of him.

"I need help training my voice."

"I thought you didn't really want to use my quirk. Mom's quirk is better for being a stealth hero."

"Yea, but I really need to think about the times where I'm in danger and it could be useful. Plus, you know when I get emotional I can accidentaly yell, at Shoto especially. I should probably know how to control it."

"Well, we can definitely do some training if that's what you really want. You shouldn't need extra training on the side though. You could just do it during class."

"I have a great handle on quickness, so I don't think it would be an issue to focus on voice for awhile."

"Well, I can stop by class tomorrow. Do you have All-Might's class tomorrow?"

"Yea, but Aizawa is there too."

"Ok, I'll get the time from him then. Was there anything else?"

"No, thanks dad. Love you."

I waved to him and left the building quickly.

The next day during class

"You ready kid?"

I gave a thumbs up to my dad who stood across from me in the arena.

I didn't realize that today we would be working one by one against teachers while everyone in the class watched.

"First, try to match mine, then drown it out!"

I nodded at my dad and got ready for him to use his voice.

"YEAAAAHHH!!!"

"AHHHHH!!!"

We both stopped at the same time and I looked to my classmates. Momo was handing out earmuffs as quickly as she was making them. It made me laugh a little to see that.

"YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Was he getting louder? No, he can't be... I need to drown him out... LOUDER! "AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" I saw him break from using his quirk and I stopped.

"Good! That was good! Now, take me down!"

The motioned towards himself and got in a fighting stance.

"YEEAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

"YOU'RE GOING DOWN OLD MAN!!!" As I was yelling I sprinted towards him. When I got close, he stopped yelling and I had already jumped behind him and twisted his arm into his back before he could even react.

I was able to push him down on the floor and he called it quits. I got off of him and helped him stand back up. I walked back over to my classmates who were now cheering and clapping.

Back at the dorms

"Shoto?"

"Hm?" He put a big mouthful of Soba in his mouth which made me smile at him.

"We are going to be 3rd years soon. Then, we'll be loosing this little family we have." I looked at most of our classmates who were sitting at the couches laughing and smiling. Shoto noticed what I was looking at and finished his bite.

"(Y/N), I don't think you need to worry. Yea, we will be graduating soon, but we will all still be friends. And I'll still be there for you." He reached out his hand and grabbed mine. I truly loved this man more than anything. I kissed his forehead and he continued to eat.

"I'm just gonna miss everyone."

"Our third year is gonna be the best yet my love."

"Easy for you to say, you are a part of the big three."

"You got fourth, I wouldn't complain much. Oh, that reminds me... I'll be interning at my father's agency. He has requested you too." I looked down at the scars on my arms that were left from the last time I saw Shoto's father. "I wouldn't have told you if I didn't trust the situation. I still don't like him, but he has changed. Not much, but he has gotten a little better."

"Shoto... I..." I thought for a moment about the offer. If it came from his father directly, then there must be a reason. "As long as you are there... I will." He cracked a smile at me then finished his bowl of Soba.

"Come on. Let's go for a walk." He grabbed my hand and led me out of the dorms. We walked down a small path that led to a little bridge behind the school. "It's been two years you know." I looked up at his face and his eyes were glued to me. "I wouldn't be as strong as I am right now if you weren't by my side you know."

"Shoto..." My eyes started to tear up, I had forgotten our two year anniversary. What an Idiot I am!

"Here." He sat down on a bench and I sat next to him. He handed me a small box which I opened to reveal a ring. "Before you start thinking crazy, this is a promise ring. I want you to know that you are the only one I want... forever. And I'll replace that with a real ring after graduation anyway."

"What?"

"I'll replace the promise ring after graduation. What, do you not want me too?"

I chuckled at him for what he said.

"You didn't have to get me anything Shoto."

"I like to spoil you and get you nice things. It's the least I can do."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because..." He looked up towards the night sky and smiled. "Everything we've been through, you still love me, and honestly... I don't know how you do." He looked back into my eyes and locked on.

"I'm not going anywhere Shoto, I promise."

"Good." He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. I laid my head on his shoulder and we sat in silence for the rest of the night.