35

I opened my eyes to feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I hunched over feeling like I was going to throw up.

From what I could see it was still pitch black outside and I fumbled around to grab my phone. I finally felt it in the darkness and grabbed it. It illuminated my room and I called the first contact in my phone.

"Hello? (Y/N) it's 3 am, what are you doing up?"

"Midnight! Ahh... get my dad please... ahhh... hurry!" All I could hear on the other side was a crash. I hung up and quickly found Shoto's contact.

"(Y/N)? What is it?"

"Sho... ahh... come quick, it's the baby." There was no answer but less than 60 seconds later my door swung open and Shoto was standing there.

I would have been entering my third trimester today. My whole world seemed Black and white for those first few weeks. Shoto tried to make me feel better, but every attempt just ended in my crying. Some nights he held me as I cried and then eventually fell asleep. We decided not to tell our classmates, except I did mention it to Tokoyami who would stay with me while Shoto couldn't.

Bakugo would try to distract me with training, but despite his best efforts that didn't help either.

The past couple weeks I have started to see color again. It's something that lingers with you always, but you learn to find the joy in life again.

Before anyone starts asking, yes, Shoto and I are still together. I don't know what I would have done without him. I wasn't the only one who lost a baby... He did too.

Somehow this experience made our relationship stronger.

We lost our baby at 8 weeks.

"Um... Shoto?"

"Hm?"

"Can you see if we can go to your summer home this weekend?"

"I can ask Aizawa. Why do you want to go there?"

"I want to see the blue daisies." He looked at me for a moment then smiled.

"Of course. I'll make the arrangements."

A few days later we were on our way in the limo with Bakugo, Kirishima, Kaminari and Tokoyami. The rules still applied that we needed company, so we just asked the same people who came with us last time. We arrived and immediately unpacked our stuff. Afterwards I met Shoto at the beginning of the trail that leads to his portion of the gardens.

After a slow twenty minutes he swept the vines to the sides and I walked through. As I entered I saw all four boys standing their with White daisy plants in their hands.

"What's going on?" I looked at Kirishima who stepped forward.

"Did you know that in old Celtic legends, when an infant died, God would spread daisies over the earth to cheer the parents up?"

Tokoyami was the next to step forward.

"And the color white represents peace and cleansing."

Kaminari stepped forward.

"Blue is protection and healing."

Finally Bakugo...

"So, why not mix these two colors with these flowers, and let peace come to your mind?" Shoto tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to him. He had two garden shovels in his hand and smiled at me.

Before my eyes could get full of tears I shook my head and grabbed one of the shovels.

Shoto and I walked forward and kneeled down to some fresh dirt and dug two holes each.

The boys came over to us and each put their flowers in the holes and filled them back in. Everyone stood back up while I stayed on the ground.

"Could I...  Just be alone for a moment please?"

I felt Shoto's hand on my shoulder and then I heard footsteps. I looked behind me and all the boys were leaving.

I turned back to the flowers that were just planted. I gently felt a pedal on one and dropped my hands to my sides.

I looked around at all the blue that surrounded me and my gaze fell back to the white.

This is it... I'm starting new...

As I walked back, the sun had fallen and it began to rain. I didn't mind the rain, it felt cooling against my skin. As I walked through the door to the house, two strong arms embraced me. I was surprised a little, but looked up to see Shoto.

"You were out there for hours! Are you ok?"

"I'm fine Shoto. I was just thinking out there."

"Wil I'm glad you are ok. We were all starting to get worried."

"I'm fine really. "

"If you say so. Look, everyone is in the dining hall. Chef has made us dinner and it's ready to be served. Should we go?"

"Yea, I'm really hungry."

We walked into the dining hall and I was immediately greeted with hugs from both Kaminari and Kirishima. We all enjoyed dinner together, then we all went to bed.

It was a tiring day. But we don't leave until the day after tomorrow, so hopefully we will have a little more fun tomorrow than we had today.

My sweet Shoto... Thank you...