Good Night

Keith and Lance sat down at a large table covered with food. Lance had never seen so much food in one place, as for Keith it looked like a snack to him.

Some female servants came and poured them some wine, though Lance asked for water.

"Enjoy." One said and then they left.

"So...can I ask you a question, Keith?" Lance asked.

"Yeah, sure."

"When you were seeing that thing....what was it?" Lance's question made Keith freeze.

"I-it was something from my past...I tried to forget about, but obviously that didn't work." Keith said.

Lance looked at Keith with wide eyes. He wasn't going to ask more questions if it made Keith uncomfortable.

"It was...a creature I fought. I was 15, and my friend and I were taking a ride in the woods. When we heard a sound and dismounted our horses, we went to check it out. It wasn't a bear like we thought. But instead a monster, that had been haunting the near by town. So we got closer...and closer...and closer, till...." Keith's voice trailed off.

"I'm sorry." Lance said. "I shouldn't have asked."

"No, no. You're fine. I'm just moody." Keith replied.

{~~~} skipping eating {~~~}

The boys walked down the long hall to their rooms. Lance's was farther than Keith's.

"Good night, Keith." Lance said.

"Good night, Lance." Keith replied, as he turned his back. Then he stopped, turned, and then hugged Lance. "Thank you. For everything." Lances face heated up as his friend let go.

Then he went to his room. It was a large room with two big window with a king size bed on the far wall. The room was blue, and stars were painted on the ceiling.

Lance pulled the covers over him, and within seconds he was asleep.