Let the Battle Come

A/N: this is a really long chapter. But it's really important. 

Keith walked around the camp in his armor. He took in the sights of men working, training, and just plain being men. This was probably the last time he would see this kind of thing.

Keith dragged his feet over to a large tent. Inside the tent was Cosmo. He sat down next to his dog and smiled. Cosmo placed his head on Keith's lap and whimpered.

"I know. I'm scared too. Cosmo?" Cosmo looked up to his owner. "Tell Pidge, a-and Shiro t-that I won't be back." Keith wiped a tear from his face. Cosmo cried. "Please." Keith asked. The dog waved its tail slightly, before placing a small wet kiss on Keith's face.

"I'll miss you, big boy." Keith hugged Cosmo before the dog disappeared into a cloud of blue and gray smoke. Keith stayed where he was for a few moments. This was going to be the biggest day of his life, and his last.

"Keith!" Lance came running into the tent. "They're here." He said. Keith got up, and walked with Lance.

The armies were already assembled. Keith and Lance mounted their horses. Keith's a big black Friesian stallion, and Lance's a white mustang.

They lead their horses to the front lines and met Praetor Grace, General Matt, and Leader Jackson.

"Here we go." Keith mumbled under his breath. "Forward March!" He order and the army walked.

The army stopped at the top of a hill, below them a valley of white flowers blew in the wind. On the other side of the valley was Zarkon and his army.

Keith walked his horse forward and faced the armies. He swallowed.

"Today we fight!" He addressed the army at the top of his lungs. "Today we fight and stand our ground. For years Zarkon has taken control of kingdoms, lives and he's going to take the world. But we are here to stop him."

Keith rose his horse back and forth on the front line. He stopped in front of Lance.

"Today we will take him down. If it means life or death. May your life be in the hands of God and may your peoples pray for you!"

Keith turned his horse around and pulled back. He was now next to Lance.

"Ready?" He asked.

"As long as you're by my side...I'm ready for anything." Keith smiled at Lance.

"I'm glad to be here, with you."

He raised his sword and the army roared a battle cry like no other. "FOR THE WORLD!"

The front lines raced forward. Men, horses, mythical creatures raced to the battle.

The lines crashed in a violent sound. Several men went down on the spot. General Matt was hacking away with his axe. Leader Jackson was swinging his sword, cutting the head off taller men from his flying horse.

Keith scanned the grounds for Zarkon. He wasn't there. Keith rode through the lines into enemy territory.

Lance was firing arrows like a pro. One arrow hit a man right in the head. It exploded and took out several other people within a few yards.

"Cool." Lance smiled to himself.

The wind picked up as Keith rose his horse faster and faster through the enemy lines. The wind howled past him as his horse raced.

With each step it took, Keith's heart sank more and more. This was it. When he sees Zarkon, it's all over.

He pulled his horse to a slow canter. In front of him was a big beautiful tree. It reached as far up as the eye could see. Under it was Zarkon.