Home at Last

Small couch.

Kitchen counter.

Window with a brown curtain.

They were in Shiro's house.

"Shiro?" Keith gasped. He grabbed Lance by the Shan's and ran to the living room. There on the couch was Shiro with his head in his hands. Allura sat next to him running circles on his back. Pidge and Hunk sat across from them on the floor. Keith and Lance stood on the door way.

"I can't believe he's gone..." Shiro cried into his hands.

"It'll be okay, Shiro. I'm sure he's fine." Allura reassured him.

"He's gone." Shiro leaned into Allura's shoulder.

Keith and Lance looked at each other. "They think I'm dead." Keith whispered. Lance nodded.

"That would be weird if I was dead...I'm right here." Everyone looked over. Allura was the first to have a reaction.

"KEITH!" She ran over to him and tackled him with a hug.

Shiro looked up from his hands. His face was covered with tears and his eyes were red. "Keith? Is that really you?" He asked.

"The one and only." Keith smiled.

Shiro ran to Keith and gave him the biggest hug a brother could give. "I thought you were dead."

"I was. But Lance brought me back."

Everyone stared at Lance.

"I made a promise to Shiro that I'd protect him. I don't break promises." Lance said.

Allura and Hunk went to the kitchen and got some hot chocolate for the boys. They sat down on the couch, tails wrapped around the other, and drank the chocolate.

"Did you guys bond?" Was the first question, asked by Pidge.

"Um, yeah. Why you ask?" Keith asked.

"Your tails are tangled up...it's cute." Pidge fangirled. Keith rolled his eyes. Shiro asked them to tell they about their adventure. Hunk ordered pizza, cause Lance said it would take a long time.

Hours later, Lance got to the part where the dark shadow man asked if they were boyfriends. Pidge practically died laughing. Keith told them about the monster he thought was going to kill him.

Keith told about the weird boy who helped them, and about how Lance learned to use his powers.

Hunk asked if he could see. Lance stood and closed his eyes. Light started to pour from his hands like water. Hunk said it was really cool.

They told them about the generals who fought by their side and how General Matt was crazy insane.

Lance told them about the two girls that asked him a load of questions, ending with one loosing a bet. Pidge laughed, and Keith frowned that Lance hadn't told him that before.

Then they got to the battle and Keith's death. They both shared their side, and all together made Shiro cry again.

When they were done, it was midnight. Shiro said everyone could stay over. They watched a movie, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and ordered more pizza.

Everyone went to bed, but Lance and Keith. They stayed on the couch.

"Hey, Lance. I wanna say something."

"Yeah, What?"

"Thanks." Keith smiled.

"For what?" Asked Lance.

"For being. There for me. You helped me in many ways, and I want you to know that. I don't know about you but I-I really appreciate you....more than others."

Lance smiled, and patted Keith on the back. "Me too." He said. "Me too."

Pidge watched from the door way. She had her phone out and was videoing, but Shiro caught her and made her out the thing away.

Keith and Lance fell asleep on the couch that night, wrapped in the other's arms. They were finally at peace.

Lance felt like he found someone who would be by his side forever.

Keith had found someone who was there for him. Someone who he knew would never leave.

Darkness and light work together.

You can't have darkness without some but of light. Just like how Keith can't be without Lance.

They were forever going to be there for the other.