Johnmark/NCT

Request

Summary- Fluffy comforting birth scene.

They'd been together for a while and starting a family had always been in mind but the pregnancy was a surprise as they didn't expect it so soon.

They were happy none the less to welcome a baby into their home. They'd found out it was a little boy at their baby shower.

It'd been a good 9 months. The pregnancy went smoothly. Mark was carrying around a large very visible baby bump and had been since he was 5 months and it just kept growing.

His due date was now 4 days ago and he was very ready for the baby to come. His back and hips were killing him and he peed every 5 minutes.

He and Johnny were currently cuddled together on the bed. It was around 7 and they'd had dinner not too long ago. Mark had been having small contractions all day and they'd started getting a bit stronger.

Mark moved away from Johnny sitting up on the side of the bed taking in a deep breath as he got a strong contraction.

Johnny reached over rubbing his back and when it was over mark stood up gasping when fluid started running down his legs

"What happened baby?" Johnny moves off the bed walking over seeing the puddle. He quickly grabbed some clothes and helped mark change putting a towel on the floor before getting dressed and taking the bags to the car.

"Let's go baby" Johnny spoke walking back into the room

Mark was breathing through another contraction his hands rested on the bed as he took in deep breaths.

Johnny rubbed his back through the contraction and when it ended he helped him downstairs to the car

The ride to the hospital was hard and the traffic wasn't moving very fast. Contractions were really strong and Mark was in a lot of pain.

Johnny reached a hand over rubbing marks gently.

"You're doing great baby. We'll be there soon"

Mark nodded taking in a deep breath as he got another contraction

Johnny rubbed his hand gently saying soft encouraging words as he drove to the hospital.

They arrived 30 minutes later and Johnny got the bags and helped mark inside. They stopped a few times for contractions before getting to the elevator and going up to the maternity floor checking in and getting a room.

The nurse helped mark change while Johnny messaged their family and friends letting them know the baby was coming.

Their midwife came in checking marks dilation.

"You're at a 6 and progressing nicely love. You can walk around or you can just find a position that's comfortable. The baby will be here soon." She smiled taking her gloves off and washing her hands.

Mark decided to stand up using Johnny for support. During contractions his forehead would rest against johnnys chest and he'd move his hips trying to relieve pressure. Between contractions his head rested on Johnny's shoulder.

"You're doing great baby" Johnny whispered softly kissing marks forehead after a strong contraction.

Mark mumbled a soft thank you

They stayed like that for a while and when Mark wasn't comfortable anymore he sat on a yoga ball in front of Johnny who sat on the bed so mark could rest against him.

During contractions he moved his hips breathing through the strong pains. When he wasn't contracting he had his head rested on Johnny's thigh while the older boy ran his fingers through his hair.

He was pretty comfortable like that and fell asleep for a little bit getting some rest that he definitely needed.

It was now around midnight and they'd been at the hospital for 5 hours but mark had been laboring at home for 15 hours before they came.

It was finally time to push and Mark was nervous.

He laid on the bed the nurse holding one of his legs while Johnny had the other.

"You've got it baby. Our little bit will be here soon." Johnny spoke softly rubbing marks thigh gently.

Mark nodded calming down a bit

"On your next contraction put your chin to your chest and push down to the count of 10" the midwife spoke

Soon mark got a contraction and pushed his eyes closed tightly as he focused on getting the baby there and nothing else.

"5,6,7,8,9, and 10. Good go again"

Mark took a breath and pushed again

"And breathe wait for your next contraction"

He stopped and leaned back. Johnny put a cold cloth on his forehead while the nurse gave him a drink of water.

He mumbled a soft thank you before it was time to push again.

He leaned forward putting his chin to his chest and pushing down with all his strength

"4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10. Good breathe and push again"

He took in another breath before pushing again. His eyes were closed tightly and his skin was flushed red as he pushed. Soon a thin layer of sweat covered his body as he continued with the strong pushes.

It'd been an hour and the baby's head was almost crowning.

"The head is right there. A strong push and it'll be crowning" the midwife spoke

Mark was exhausted but he muttered up the energy pushing as hard as he could.

"Heads crowning. You're almost done"

"You're doing so good baby. He's right there. You've got it. Come on" Johnny spoke rubbing Marks thigh gently

Mark pushed again his face turning a red and his hair stuck to his forehead with sweat as he used his last bit of strength to push.

"Almost done baby" Johnny spoke softly seeing the exhaustion on marks face

Mark nodded pushing as hard as he could

"The heads out. Just a few more pushes"

Mark pushed a few more hard times and the room filled with a high pitched cry the baby boy being kid on his chest.

Johnny was in awe as he see the baby on marks chest

"Hi baby" mark spoke softly looking down at the baby boy on his chest.

Johnny snapped out of his awestruck state to cut the baby's cord.

Reality was finally hitting  'holy shit he's actually mine' was running through both of their heads as they looked at the little boy

"You did so good baby. I'm proud of you" Johnny spoke kissing marks forehead.

Mark smiled softly looking up at Johnny "Thank you" he spoke softly before looking back down at the baby.

The nurse took the baby a few minutes later getting him cleaned up and everything else the midwife getting mark cleaned up before the baby was brought back.

They were both still in awe. The baby boy was theirs. Actually theirs.

They were beyond happy to be parents and couldn't wait to raise their family. This would be the best journey and they were so happy to be able to do it together.

Hope ya enjoyed. -B