Oliver (20)

Glancing at the digital clock on the opposite wall and finding that it's just a quarter after four in the morning, muli akong bumalik sa prenteng pagkakahiga sa kama, nakaunan ang ulo sa isang braso while my other fingers are aimlessly playing with the strands of Sabrina's hair.  Sometime during the night, bumiling siya paharap sa akin.  I could see the swell of her left breast when I woke up.  Though I was tempted to kiss it, pinigilan ko ang akin sarili ang reminded myself that I'm not a total pig. Inayos ko na lang ang pagkakakumot niya sa sarili, stared a hole into the ceiling, and waited for her to wake up.

Sa aking pagmumuni-muni, it occured to me that I should be getting back to the villa assigned to my team.  Or get in my car and drive home.  Do either just to get myself out of this room with none the wiser, dahil tama si Sabrina, I really can't afford to be caught in bed with her.  Nakataya rito ang lugar ko sa university team namin.  Hindi ako palalampasin ng coach namin kapag nakaabot ang balita sa kanya.  Also, my reputation as an apathetic horndog will also be ruined.  Pero kagaya nga ng sinabi ko kagabi.  I. Don't. Give. A. Flying. Fuck.  

Why the fuck don't I care?!

Gumalaw si Sabrina at muli akong napatingin sa kanya.  A slight frown marred her forehead pero hindi iyon nakabawas sa hatak na meron siya sa akin.  If anything, it increased it.  I marveled at every minute changes on her face as she dreams.   The longer I stare at her, the louder the voice in my head says 'mine'.

'Fucked.  You're totally fucked man.'  I so fucking am.  And I don't know how to get out of this.  I don't think I even want to.  And that, right there, is a scary thought.  

Shit! Shit! Shit! Triple bullshit!  I am so not doing this!

The plan was to screw my way through college.  Squeeze all the freedom I could get.  Experience all I can.  Before I go home to be the good son my parents raised me to be.  Walang nakasulat saan man doon that I get entangled with someone like Sabrina-fucking-Rodriguez.  

And yet.  Here I am.  Next to her.  Staring at her.  Playing with her hair.  Waiting for her to wake up.  Fuck.  I am pulled every other way with not wanting this and wanting Sabrina.  And I do want her.  With every fiber of my being.

Her eyes fluttered then opened.  Nagtama ang aming mga mata but there's no recognition in her deep browns.  They are still clouded with sleep at ilang kurap pa muna before the cobwebs cleared and she recognized me.

"Still here?"  Her voice, husky from sleep, caressed my ears.

"Yeah," I whispered back.  "Where else would I be?"

"Uh, sa villa na in-assign sa inyo ni Rachel?"

I shrugged.  "Mas gusto ko dito."

She rolled her eyes at me.  "Seriously.  Neither of us is creative enough para mag-imbento ng kuwentong kapani-paniwala to explain your presence here."

"Bakit kailangan nating magpaliwanag?  Is being in bed with you a crime now?"

She stared at me, open-mouthed.  "Nakalimutan mo bang game season pa din?  And your coach's sex ban is still on?  You being here can get you thrown out of your team!  I'm not looking forward na makuyog ng buong unibersidad.  That is liable to happen once it gets out na napatalsik ka dahil nahuli ka dito kasama ko."

"It's just a game, Sab.  Hindi naman ako maglalaro tanang buhay ko."

Napakurap-kurap siya sa sinabi ko bago biglang sinalat ang aking noo.

"What are you doing?," I asked, amused.

"Just checking for fever.  'Yan lang naiisip kong magiging dahilan para mabanggit mo 'yang heresy na 'yan tungkol sa precious game mo."  May halong panunudyo ang kanyang tono ng tumugon.