Oliver (24)

"Do you really have to go?,"  I asked from my comfortable position on Sabrina's bed.   

I obviously don't want her to go kaya hindi ko napigilang umalpas ang tonong nagrereklamo sa tanong kong iyon. The whole point of lying to my teammates earlier when they invited me to go out is because I wanted to spend the night with my housemate.  But here she is. Busy sa pamimili ng susuotin.  What's the big deal, anyway?  Puwede naman siyang mag-T-shirt and jeans and be done with it.  Why all this fuss for a simple meet-up.

She threw me a swift glance bago muling binalik ang atensyon sa mga naka-hanger niyang damit.  "You told Jake na pupunta ako."  Paalala niya.

Gusto kong magmaktol lalo.  I hate being reminded of my earlier stupidity.  Nadala lang naman kasi ako sa inis kaya ko 'yon nasabi. Hindi na kasi tumigil ang Jacob na 'yon sa kakatawag sa pangalan ni Sabrina ng paulit-ulit. Nakakarindi.  And how am I supposed to know that the stupid guy is inviting her out tonight din mismo.  I was too sex-drunk earlier to notice details like that.  

In irritation, nasuntok ko ang unang kinahihigaan ko, silently wishing that it is Jacob's stupid face.  Cock-blocked. That's what I am tonight because of him.  Will I get away with it if I kidnap and murder the guy and then throw his chopped body down a ravine?  How hard could it really be?

My murder planning was interrupted when I heard Sabrina calling me.  Nang mag-angat ako ng tingin and looked at her, she's holding a brandnew shimmering baby pink blouse.  Nakikita ko pa ang nakalawit na tag nito.  

"Favor naman.  Pakikuha ang gunting sa banyo.  Nasa may sink."  At bumalik siya sa muling paghahanap sa loob ng closet.  Probably, for the bottom na ipapares niya sa blouse.

With a shrug, I dragged my body off her bed that smells amazingly like her at tinungo ang banyo.  All the while I'm thinking na the next few nights, I should take her again and again on her bed until our combined scents sink in there.  Kapareho ng nasa kama ko.  It's a dirty, dirty thought but who fucking cares.  I think of Sabrina and sex will always be a second away.  Accepted fact ko na 'yan.

Kapareho ang set-up ng banyo namin ni Sabrina.  At makailang ulit na rin naman akong nakapaligo dito sa mga pagkakataong I'm too lazy or too tired to go back to my room and clean up after sex.  Kaya madali na sana sa akin ang maghanap ng gunting na pinapakuha niya if only it was where she said it was. But it is not.  So, I started opening drawers. 

Sa unang drawer na hinila ko nakita ko naman agad ang gunting.  I could see the tip of it underneath a pile of tablet pads.  Sa pagkuha ko ng gunting, hindi maiwasang mapatingin din ako sa mga tabletas.  May bawas na ang isang pad and it has weird labels per tablet.  They are labeled by the days of the week.  Full of curiosity, I glanced at the back of one of the pads and read the labels.

Brand: Trust. Pink packaging.  Boom.  Contraceptive pills.  

I stared at the stack, scissors momentarily forgotten, dumbstruck and confused with what I should feel about Sabrina protecting herself.

I guess, I should feel guilty about it.  Ako ang lalaki.  It is supposed to be my job to protect the both of us from consequences especially when ako ang madalas mag-initiate.  I got the Talk and heard the threats from Dad about unwanted pregnancy and all.  In fact, I was a hundred percent on board with everything he has said.  And for years, I've been conscientious about it.  I got a box of condoms by my bedside drawer. Have several packets in my wallet as well.  Pero since I've been with Sabrina, I lost it. Every single time with her, nawawala ako sa katinuan.  The Talk  and condoms are the last things I think about whenever I'm inside her.  

So, yes, there should be guilt.  Pero mas nangingibabaw sa akin ngayon is irritation.  Doesn't she want to get pregnant by me?  Who does she think she is para tanggihan ang lahi ko when a league of women will bend over backwards for that chance. Is she fucking thinking of leaving me? Over my dead body!  Mine. To hold and to fuck and to do everything in between.