Chapter 8: The Party

Your uneventful afternoon had dramatically shifted with the appearance of Kara. Kara brought a variety of outfits for you to try on, mixing and matching various hairstyles, and styles of shoes. You were transformed countless times, as Kara determinedly dressed you up. She refused to allow you to look in a mirror, and you felt a little self conscious as she tested the outfits, then each time, shook her head, before testing another one.

"W-What are you looking for?" You eventually asked after what seemed to be the tenth time, and Kara was scratching through her large bag.

"The perfect outfit!!" She insisted, continuing to search.

"Can't I just wear my jeans and my white t-shirt?" You asked meekly, and she glared up at you.

"[F/N], this is your chance with Connor," She explained. "This is your chance to make the perfect impression on him. You're not just going to let this opportunity go to waste, right?"

You looked down, feeling your cheeks heating up in embarrassment. Ever since you left your old school, you had never been to a party. Although you wanted to try and get out of your comfort zone more, you were hoping you would simply go there to have fun with Connor, Kara and Luther. You had not anticipated that you would be making any kind of 'impression.' You simply wanted to remain in the shadows, spending a small amount of time with your friends. Never would you allow yourself to be in the limelight again.

"I-I just wanted to go and have fun..." You eventually replied, "If Connor... If he were to like me, I want him to like me as I am."

Kara stared at you for a long moment, before her petite features shifted into a warm smile. She moved towards you, and tucked your hair behind your ear.

"Simple beauty... I understand," Kara nodded thoughtfully. "And it's given me an idea."

"Nothing too over the top?" You asked, and Kara laughed at your relieved face.

"Don't worry. I won't overdo it," She winked, and she began to rummage in her bag once more.

Kara still did not allow you to look in a mirror, or even look at what she was dressing you in, as she continued to bustle around you. You felt a little embarrassed, but you could tell that she was strongly focused on her work.

When she was finally finished, she stood back, clasping her hands together.

"It's perfect!" She exclaimed, "Simple, yet beautiful. Connor's jaw's going to drop when he sees you."

"R-Really?" You asked, looking down at yourself. You were surprised to find yourself in a light, flowing dress that reached your knees. The colour of the dress suited your eyes perfectly, and you wondered how Kara could have picked such a perfect colour.

"Kara, is it really okay for me to wear this?" You asked, glancing up at her. "This is your dress, right?" Kara shook her head.

"It's your dress now [F/N]," She smiled, causing dimples to appear on her cheeks. "It suits you far better." She reached into her bag, holding up a mirror for you to look into. You stood back, taking in the full design of your dress. What surprised you next was... well, you! Kara had styled your hair in a way that accentuated your features, and matched your dress. She had lightly put makeup on your face, and although it looked natural, it still made your face look flawless.

"Kara... you... you..." You didn't know what to say. The kindness of Kara astonished you.

"Do you like it?" She asked, "I thought it would suit you." Still at a loss for words, you simply gazed at her in wonder.

"Kara, thank you so much..."

"There is no need to thank me," She replied, beginning to move about the room and put all the clothing back into her large bag. "This is just another day in the job of your fairy godmother!" You followed her as she darted down the stairs.