Chapter 31

"Yeah, it's me"

He smiled brightly staring at me, taking in my features. I just stared as he walked closer to me. The look in his eyes held so many emotions.

Happy, remorseful, regret. Those were some of the thoughts I saw in his deep blue eyes. He pulled me into a tight hug.

"I missed you" I choked out.

I silently sobbed in my father's shoulders a million thoughts running through my mind.

"I missed you too," he let go of the hug and cupped my face in his hand.

I remeber when I was little, When I ever I cried he kneeled down and cupped my small face in his hands and said.

"Hero's dont cry do they?"

I stared down at him trying to stop the flood of tears. "you were gone!" I yelled. "You yeeted out of my life for all this time!?"

"You basically went out for milk and never came back!"

Look I know I probably shouldn't be talking like this but jokes are my copeing mechanism k?
He hugged me one more time.

"honey I'm sorry, let me explain everything and it will all make sense I promise." that smile.

That smile I've seen when I try to call down from my panic attacks after night mares. That smile I saw in the old photos. That smile made me feel safe. Now it makes me scared. I don't know how to feel.

"okay" I whispered. My brain was going at hundred miles an hour. When I was going through my 12 year old emo phase, I would write what I would say to my parents.

All of that has sliped out of my mind. Damn me. Sitting next to him I hear the gentle waves of the lagoon. Wow I'm so VSCO.  "Ask me anything," he smiled.

"is this real? Cause dad, this is fucking wack bro-" I breathed out. He laughed at my dumb joke and nodded. "I'm real, I promise," I stared at him. The last promise we had he didn't keep it. I just nodded.

"So...why? Why leave me?" I glanced at my hands. "What the hell even happened that day?" I sighed. I didn't know what to think at this point.

"Well, that day, A villain attacked us. ..." he paused. A look of remorse written on his features.

"He took your mother, and the only way to escape it was to play dead. I thought he had already got to you. So when I opened my eyes and got up, you were gone. I left to try and find you but you were no where to be found.
I went into to hiding, I found your uncle and we both decided it would be best, for your safety and mine that i should be kept hidden,"

I nodded understanding the circumstances  they were in. Years of dread and wondering why, for what? Safety? My emotions are all over the place. I'm happy he's alive I'm happy, im mad about him hiding, im ... empty? I don't know. I just want to go home already.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Finally home, thanks author! (Welcome bitch✌🏻😘) I flopped on the couch and sighed.

"Tough day?" Momo sat next to me patting my head.
"Oh if only you knew," I hugged her torso tightly.
"Mom im donneeee," Momo chuckled at my stubbornness and handed me f/d.

"I'm sure it will all turn out well," I looked up at my best friend and smiled gratefully.

"You lying bitch-,"