Chapter 1: Say Goodbye

-2006-

After competing at some karting events since 1994, when he was only 7 years old, Seb was promoted to single-seater series in 2003. On the following year, he opted to remain in Formula BMW. He dominated the season, with 18 wins out of 20 races. Then, he moved to Formula 3 Euro Series in 2005.

Those couple of years had made him very busy. He often had to leave school every time there was a race weekend. He also didn't have much time to meet his friends, including Gia. It made her really sad as he was one of her closest friends.

Gia remembered very well that she always listened to him and tried to cheer him up, for example when he told her that he was considered showing off because he carried his trophy to school by some students and they broke it.

---

She was looking at the window when she saw someone turn his motorcycle off in front of her house. She didn't have to see the face of the man because from that motorcycle, she knew very well that it was Seb.

She was surprised as she didn't expect that he would come. She looked at the mirror for a moment to make sure that her look was neat enough before she met him.

When she opened the door, her mother was walking into her direction. "Gia, Seb is here. He wants to bring you somewhere. You have to change your clothes," Adelina said to her daughter.

"Oh okay, mom. Tell him to wait!"

Gia went back into her room to change her clothes. She didn't know where Seb would bring her to. But still, it made her very happy. She couldn't lie to herself that she was falling in love with him. But she thought that he didn't feel the same. She believed that he would become a very famous person in the future. He would meet a bunch of women who were so much better than her.

Gia once again looked at the mirror and when she was ready, she took her flip handphone, a gift from her parents after she graduated, and her wallet. She put it in her clutch bag and then she left her room.

Seb who saw Gia walking towards him finally stood up from the couch and he smiled at her. "Hi, Gia!"

She smiled sheepishly. "Hi, Seb! How are you?"

"I'm good. Are you ready?"

"Yes, I am."

Gia kissed her mother's cheek before she said goodbye to her. Seb gave her one of his helmets to wear. And he turned his motorcycle on. He planned to bring her to a restaurant. That was their first meeting since the last time they met at their graduation.

It only took around 10 minutes to go there. After they arrived, Seb chose a table for them. They were given the menu books by the waiter. He left them right after they ordered what they wanted to eat.

"Gia, I'm so sorry I haven't seen you in a while because-"

"I know, Seb. You've said it many times. I understand that," she laughed a little.

"Yeah," he shrugged. "So, have you decided where you will study at?"

"Of course. I've always dreamt to study at Goethe-Universität. I want to study literature."

"That's great! I think that it's one of the best universities in Frankfurt, even in Germany. You deserve to be there."

"Thanks for your kind words, Seb," she smiled.

Gia was grateful that Seb was always very supportive to her. He always praised her as one of the smartest friends he'd ever had. He often said that he wanted her to get the highest education possible.

After a couple of minutes, she couldn't take her eyes off of him. He was thinking and looking quite nervous, and that was unusual for her. She was wondering if he wanted to tell something to her. Probably an important one.