Chapter 34: Another Win

Gia had left her hometown with a grateful feeling. She finally learnt the fact that Seb had visited her father's grave once and she thought that if the graveyard caretaker didn't remember him, maybe he would still hide about his visit from her.

Beside that, Gia's heart was finally at peace as she had forgiven Seb's family. She smiled remembering the moment she talked to Heike while they were cooking. She realized that his family still cared and even loved her. At home, she explained it all to her mother. Adelina was surprised to know that Seb had paid a visit to her husband's grave on the same day as her visit.

On Monday, at the bookstore, she also told about it to Mariska. And her reaction was more or less the same as Adelina. Since her best friend knew that they were childhood friends, Gia was more open to her.

"See? He truly regrets for everything he has done to you and your family."

"Yes, I know, Mariska."

"Now I can sigh a relief," Mariska smiled. "I believe that you feel relieved as well, don't you?"

"Of course. To be completely honest, I've considered his parents as my second parents, and Fabian as my little brother. I was disappointed at them but... I can't hate them, and I will never hate them."

Then, Gia paid her attention to Mariska. It seemed like she was thinking about something. She was about to ask when she started speaking. "Hmm Gia, you told me that Seb's mother asked you whether you still love him or not. How does she know that you love him? Didn't you tell me before that no one knows about your feeling to him except your family? Does Seb know that you love him like he loves you?"

Gia was startled with those questions. Mariska was often very analytical about things. "Why didn't I think of that? How does she know that I love him? I swear that I never told his family."

Mariska tried to calm her down with giving her opinion. "She probably always sees your gestures all this time, so she thinks that you love her son. Or maybe because you were always very close to him in the past."

"Did I show it too clearly?" Gia whispered, but Mariska could still hear it.

Mariska shrugged. "I don't know."

Gia kept thinking about how Heike could know that she loved Seb. She didn't even think about that when she was asked about it. "Ah, when Seb came home, Gilbert told him that I was never in a relationship with someone because he's the only one in my mind. Maybe Seb has told it to his mother," she explained it without realizing that her face was blushing.

"Did he really tell him so?"

"Yeah, he did. You don't know how embarrassed I was when Gilbert told him that," Gia laughed a little.

"But Gilbert isn't wrong though," Mariska nudged Gia's shoulder to tease her.

But it didn't stop there. Gia wasn't satisfied with her own guess. She was still thinking if that was the only reason Heike knew about her feeling to Seb. But how?

...Seb walked away from them with bringing his suitcases. Gia always hoped that he suddenly turned around but it surely wouldn't happen. She mouthed 'I love you' noiselessly while closing her eyes...

"Oh my God!" Gia gasped.

Mariska slapped Gia's back as if she was angry. "Gia, you surprised me!"

Gia smiled. "I'm sorry, Mariska."

"Do you remember something?"

"Erm... I do, but I'm not so sure."

"Can you tell me about that? Now you've made me curious."