Chapter 35: Getting Closer

The Italian GP was always special for Seb. He won the F1 race for the first time there, back in 2008, with an Italian team. He had also won there twice with Red Bull. But, winning at Monza circuit with Scuderia Ferrari was still a mission that hadn't been fulfilled yet.

He started from second place, with his teammate Kimi being on pole. The Tifosi were dreaming to see the double podium from them. Unfortunately, a great Saturday led to a dire Sunday. Seb and Lewis touched on the second chicane on Lap 1 and he spun afterwards.

In the end, he managed to finish on fourth place despite the first-lap setback. While, Kimi finished on second place. At least, there was still a reason for the Tifosi to cheer. As Gia started to be more active on social media, she followed the official accounts of F1 and Scuderia Ferrari. When both accounts posted the result of the race, she was curious to read the comments.

Why can't you just dump Vettel?!

Seb did a stupid mistake again unbelievable!

Vettel will never win the title with Ferrari.

Why does Ferrari keep Vettel but let Kimi go?

Gia's eyes filled with tears as she read those comments. She was angry as well. She couldn't believe that some people could be so cruel like that to him. Insulting someone wouldn't make them any better. Right after the race, she texted him a message. She gave him the support and made him sure that he would bounce back on the following races.

---

When Gia didn't have a lot of tasks to do in her office room, she often helped her employees on the first floor. She was putting some new books on the bookshelf for the display when someone touched her shoulder.

"Excuse me."

"Yeah, can I help-" Gia glanced and she was surprised to know the person next to her. "Seb! You didn't tell me!"

Seb chuckled to see Gia's response. "I wanted to surprise you, so that was why I didn't tell you that I would come."

"Oh..."

Seb could see a glimpse of blush on her face and it was kinda cute to him. "Hmm by the way, where is Mariska?"

"She is visiting the book company where Tobi works at, as she has to discuss with the boss of the company about the new published books that will be distributed to our store," Gia explained. "Then, during the lunch break, Tobi will drive her here."

"Oh, so I will get a chance to meet Tobias too."

"Yeah, it depends if you are still here until the lunch time. You'll probably meet him."

Seb nodded. "Erm Gia, I want to talk to you more, but not here. But, am I disturbing you?"

"No, of course you aren't," Gia smiled. "What if we talk inside my office room?"

Seb agreed to the suggestion. So, Gia led him to climb the stairs. Before they entered the office room, she showed him the guest room next to it, where she and Mariska usually talked with the authors or the representatives of the book publishing companies.

Then, Gia opened the door of her office room. "So, here's my office room, Seb. I work with Mariska here."

"Such a nice and tidy room."

"Thank you. Have a seat!"

Seb found a grey couch and sat there. He observed the entire room. There was a table with two chairs facing each other, which he believed was the place for Gia and Mariska to work.

Then, on the corner of the room, there were two cabinets where Gia and Mariska put the important documents and also some books. While, on the other corner, there were a cupboard, a small table, and a water dispenser.