Chapter 56: Small Victory

Thursday morning, Gia and Adelina were preparing themselves in their hotel room. She was checking the things that she would bring to the circuit inside her bag, while her mother was combing her hair.

"Gia?"

"Yes, mom?" Gia looked at her.

"What time will Seb pick you up?"

Gia smiled. "Not long to go, mom. Seb will drive to this hotel at around 7.30."

Gia and Adelina left their room after they were ready. They walked to the lobby and they saw Gilbert and his family there. "Aunty Gia!" Leonard ran towards his aunt.

Gia carried him in her hands and kissed his cheek. "Morning, my handsome boy."

Leonard couldn't stop laughing as he felt ticklish. Then, Gia lowered him back. They were talking at the lobby while waiting for Seb to come. Her only nephew was super excited to be at the track.

Some minutes after, Seb appeared at the hotel. "Morning, everyone."

All of them smiled at him. "Morning, Seb," Gilbert replied him. "Do your family come here as well?"

"No, they will go straight to the circuit. Fabian will drive to Hockenheim. But now they are still preparing themselves at home. So, can we go now?"

"Sure."

Gia, her family, and Seb walked to the parking lot. Her family got in to Gilbert's BMW X5, while she went to the circuit with him. He used his Ferrari 488 Pista with matte black colour. His car was customized as there were his personal logos on the car seats.

Gia had already known that Seb had so many collection of cars and motorbikes. She was suddenly thinking, if she got married with him, her life would completely change. She wasn't used to living as a wealthy person.

"You are thinking."

"Eh, I..."

"You haven't used your seatbelt."

"Ah okay, I'm sorry." Gia immediately pulled the seatbelt and fastened it.

Seb kept looking at her. "Can we go now?"

"Of course!"

Seb turned his car on and they started leaving the hotel. He was curious on what Gia was thinking about. "What are you thinking, Gia? You can talk to me if you want to."

"Hmm, I'm thinking about... how my life would be if I marry you. You know that I don't come from a rich family. I-"

"Me neither. I can assure you that you will get used to it. I know that people see me as a rich person with big salary. But money doesn't and will never ever change anything about me. Money doesn't make me happy."

Gia nodded. "Yes, Seb, I understand. I'm sorry, maybe I'm a bit overthinking about it. I know that you will never change."

Seb took her hand with his and kissed it gently. "It's okay, Gia. I guess that it's normal to think about your life after marriage."

It took more or less half an hour to get there. Along the way, they were talking some things about the preparation for their wedding. They would do a winter wedding as they had decided to marry in December.

Seb and Gia also talked again about the moment they 'told' her late father, Ludwig, about their wedding plan at his grave on the previous day. It was an emotional moment for both of them and also their families who came there. Even Adelina couldn't stop crying and Gilbert and Sophia had to make her calm.

Gia couldn't stop feeling grateful that she would spend, hopefully, the rest of her life with the man she loved since many years ago. And of course Seb felt the same. He felt like he got a second chance.