Chapter 27: Good News

Gia entered the bookstore with a very happy feeling. She felt beyond relieved that her relationship with Seb was back to the way it used to be. She walked to the coffee shop in the corner of the store. She asked the barista to make her favourite coffee, a cup of cappuccino.

As it had been served, Gia took the cup and started drinking it. She also had a chat with the barista. She drank her coffee again when she felt a touch on her back. "Gia, you rather drink coffee here than meet me first," Mariska said, which made her chuckle.

"I'm sorry, Mariska. But I really want to drink this," Gia showed her cup of cappuccino to Mariska.

Then, Mariska took a seat next to her. "You usually drink cappuccino when you're in a good mood," she teased her.

"Yeah, because I am," Gia said confidently.

After that, Gia finished her coffee and paid to the cashier there. Then, Mariska pulled her hand as they climbed the stairs together to the office room. "Okay, Gia. Now you should tell me about your meeting with Seb," she demanded as she was so curious to know that.

"We've talked and... our friendship is back to how it used to be," Gia smiled when she remembered the moment she hugged Seb as their problem had been cleared.

"Finally!" Mariska hugged Gia immediately. "I'm so happy to hear that!"

"I should thank you, Mariska, for reminding me that I had to talk to him with a cool head. And you also believed that I could control my emotions."

"I'm your friend for years, Gia. Don't you forget that."

Gia laughed. "Of course I won't forget it."

"Then, where did he bring you to?"

"He brought me to a house. His new house."

"No way! How many houses does he have now?" Mariska got surprised as she knew that Seb was living in Switzerland.

"He has three, actually. Beside his main house in Switzerland, he also has a house in Graz. Then, after he knew that I live in Vienna, he decided to buy a new one here."

"He has two houses in Austria?"

"Yes."

"Is that a house where you will live with him in the future?" Mariska teased her again.

"Mariska!"

Gia ran as she was chasing Mariska like two girls who were playing. She couldn't stop laughing. When she finally caught her, she pinched her arm. "Aww it hurts, Gia!" Mariska complained.

"Oh that's not my fault," Gia raised both of her hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm just kidding, you know that. Back to our main topic, what did he say to you?"

"He couldn't stop apologizing to me. I can feel that he fully regrets it. Then, I remember what you said, about how he often comes here to meet me, until he has a courage to ask for my forgiveness. Then, I decided to accept his apology."

"That's my friend! What else?"

"He also apologized because he didn't come to my dad's funeral, because at the time no one told him. He also told me that he was so angry at his parents."

"He really regrets everything he did, Gia. You have to know that."

Gia nodded. "I know. But Mariska, I ask you not to tell about this to other people. I don't want this problem to spread. You know, the media are always cruel. He's a public figure. I don't want this problem affect his reputation."

"Don't worry, Gia. Until now, Tobi is the only person from my side who has known about this."

"What about your parents?"