Chapter 48: Hesitation

Gia was sitting on the couch inside her office room for quite a long time. She wasn't spirited all day long. In fact, she wasn't spirited in the last one week. She had tried to message Seb several times, but he hadn't replied. He didn't even tell her when he left Austria as he had to race at the French GP.

When Mariska entered the room, she saw Gia holding her phone. She checked her phone occasionally. She opened her bag where there were pregnancy nutrition milk and some vitamins that she brought every day. She was making the milk for herself and Gia didn't even bother with the sound of Mariska stirring up the milk on the glass.

She decided to sit down next to her. "Gia, you should be calm. I'm sure that he will reply your messages soon. I think that he was busy preparing for the race in France last week."

"I can't be calm when he is ignoring me like this," Gia replied flatly.

Mariska put the glass of milk on the table and then she rubbed Gia's shoulder. "Gia, as Aunty Lina said to you, Seb needs time. When he has calmed down, he will get in touch with you again."

"The first time he ignored me, it was because of his fault. But for this time, it's all because of me," Gia said, still with a flat tone.

"Gia, you aren't false. I completely agree with you that both of you need time before you start having a relationship with him."

"But I've made him wait for too long, Mariska," Gia started crying.

Mariska sighed. She didn't know how to help her. Then, when she was about to speak, someone knocked the door. She stood up to open it. "Sarah?"

"Mariska, is Gia here? There's Mr. Pollanz from Arovell Verlag who wants to meet her. He has been at the guest room now."

Mariska nodded. "Oh yes, she's here. Just tell him to wait. I will ask Gia to go there."

"Okay."

When Sarah had left, Mariska closed the door again. She told Gia that there was a guest from a publishing company who wanted to meet her. She stood up from the couch. She took her glasses, note book, and pen on the table before she left the room. When she had left, Mariska started thinking about what she should do to help her.

When Mariska sat down again, she found out that Gia's phone was still on the couch. Then, she suddenly thought of contacting Seb. Even though she felt that it was inappropriate to do, but she had to look at the contact on her phone to know Seb's phone number. After she found it, she typed it on her own phone and saved it. She was grateful that Gia didn't use PIN on her phone. She started typing on her WhatsApp.

Mariska

Hi, Seb! It's me, Mariska. I secretly got your phone number from Gia's phone. I'm sorry if I disturb you but, I need to tell you that she is so desperate to get your reply. She wants to apologize to you. I've known everything from her. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interfere your problem. But as a friend, I really care of her and I hope that you two can solve it. Please contact me if you've read my message. Thank you.

After that, she sent it. She was hoping that Seb would read and respond her message. If he phoned her, she hoped that Gia would stay at the guest room for quite a long time.

---

Seb was in Maranello as he was preparing himself for the next race at Red Bull Ring. He had just finished training on the simulator. He left the simulator room with his race engineer, Riccardo, and performance engineer, Steven. The three of them were on their way to the canteen as it was time to have lunch.

Then, Seb felt his phone vibrating. He took it out from his pocket and unlocked it. He got a WhatsApp chat from an unknown number. But he still opened it. He was quite surprised that Mariska had messaged him.