Chapter 5: Special Visitor

Gia was focusing on some things that she wrote on her notebook until she heard someone running closer into her and screaming.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!"

Gia giggled seeing Mariska who seemed very excited. "Take a breath, Mariska." She obeyed her by taking a deep breath. "What is happening? You are worrying me," she said while putting her notebook on a table next to her. She couldn't hide her smile.

"I... I hope that I'm not wrong but, I've just seen Tobi's favourite F1 driver!"

Hearing Formula 1 always made Gia remember someone. "Oh wow, that's amazing! A famous person visits our bookstore."

"Gia, I want to call him but I bet that he is busy now."

Gia shrugged. "So, don't do it."

Mariska took her own notebook and also a pen. "I will ask him to sign on my notebook. I also want to take a photo with him."

Gia finally had the courage to ask. "Who is that F1 driver?"

"His name is Sebastian Vettel. He is from Germany like you."

Gia suddenly froze. Was that the man who used to play with her during their childhood days? Was that the man who got bullied by some of his classmates because he came from an ordinary family? Was that the man who she fell in love with?

Suddenly she came back to reality as Mariska pulled one of her hands. "Come on! Let's meet him!"

"But-"

They walked closer to Seb who was standing next to biography bookshelves. He was currently reading a biography book of Frida Kahlo, a painter who became one of the most recognizable names in modern art.

"I'm sorry," Mariska said, which made Seb glance at them. He stared at Gia for a few seconds. Gia who was feeling nervous immediately bowed her head. Then, Mariska asked to make sure that it was really him. "Are you Sebastian Vettel, the F1 driver?"

"Yes, I am," Seb replied with a smile.

Gia pretended to fix her glasses. She knew that smile. She knew it very well. It had always been her favourite smile. The smile from someone whom she loved so badly.

"Can you sign your autograph here?" Mariska asked while giving her notebook and pen.

"Sure."

Gia was looking at how Seb wrote his autograph. It couldn't be wrong. That was Seb. Her Seb. But it seemed like he forgot her. After 12 years, he had forgotten her and it really hurt her.

"You know what? My boyfriend is a fan of you!" Mariska told him excitedly.

"Ah, really? Where is he?"

"He works as an editorial assistant in a book publishing company. He's very busy in the last few days."

He nodded. "Oh, send my greeting to him then."

"I will! By the way, thanks for visiting our bookstore, Seb," Mariska said as she was the only one who talked to him.

"Oh, so this is your bookstore?"

"Yes, both of us opened this bookstore in 2016."

"That's really cool! I like it."

"Thank you. Now, can we take some photos with you?"

"No problem."

Mariska whispered to Gia, asking for help. So, she borrowed her phone to take a photo of her with Seb. She felt her hands tremble as she was quite nervous. But she had to capture it perfectly.