Chapter 19: The Time Has Come

Gia and Adelina had gone back to Vienna on Wednesday. On the same day, Gilbert had also gone back to his house in Berlin. Both of them didn't forget to send greetings to Sophia and Leonard, as they were still worrying her condition. But he made them sure that his wife was feeling better.

At her house, Gia was taking all of her clothes out of her suitcase as she wanted to wash it, also with her mother's clothes. An hour later, she had finished washing them. She sat on the couch at the living room as she wanted to take a rest. Then, she took her phone from her pocket. She wanted to call Mariska. It didn't take too long until she picked it up.

"Gia!"

"Hi, Mariska. Do I disturb you?"

Mariska laughed a little. "Of course no. You've arrived home, haven't you?"

"I have. I miss you so much," Gia told her, as she hadn't gone to the bookstore for around three days.

"I miss you too, girl. Will you come here tomorrow?"

"Of course! I can't leave my tasks for too long," Gia chuckled.

Mariska laughed as well. "As I said, you don't have to worry much about that. You needed your time with your family to visit your father's grave."

"Thank you so much for your understanding."

"Don't thank me. If I were you, I would also need some time to gather with my family at a difficult time. By the way, how are Gilbert, Sophia, and Leonard?" Mariska asked.

"I forgot to tell you that Sophia was unwell last Monday, so she couldn't come to Heppenheim."

"Oh, so Gilbert came alone then?"

"Yes. Sophia caught a flu, but she is feeling better now."

She sighed a relief. "Ah, so glad to know that."

Then, Gia asked about the bookstore. "By the way, how's the store in the last three days?"

"It's been great, Gia. There are so many people who have come."

"Aww that's great! I can't wait to be there tomorrow."

"Me too. I can't wait to meet you again."

"Okay. See you tomorrow then."

"See you, Gia. Have some rest and send my greeting to Aunty Lina."

"Sure, I will."

Gia hung up her phone. Not long after that, her mother came with bringing two glasses of apple juice. "For you," Adelina handed one glass to her daughter.

"Aww, thank you, mom," Gia took it from her and immediately drank it. While, Adelina took her seat beside her.

"I heard that you phoned someone."

Gia put the glass on a table before she said, "Oh yes, mom. I phoned Mariska. She sent greeting for you."

"Thank you. You really miss her, don't you?"

"I do!"

Adelina smiled. She was so happy with the friendship between her daughter and Mariska. Then, Gia was suddenly feeling nervous. She remembered that she hadn't told her mother that she had met Seb's mother at the supermarket last Monday. "Mom, I wanna tell you something."

Adelina was stroking Gia's hair. She could feel that her daughter hesitated at first. "Sure, just tell me."

"I met Mrs. Vettel last Monday."

She was a bit surprised. "Oh, really?"

Gia nodded. "Yeah. She came there with Fabian, but I didn't meet him as he was waiting in the car. She sent her greeting to you."