Chapter 30: Good Start

Gia closed the door and locked it after Seb left her house. She was walking back to the living room and she found out that Gilbert and Adelina were still there. They glanced at her as she was walking closer to them.

"Sit down, Gia," Gilbert commanded.

"Okay," she replied. She was quite nervous as she didn't know what he was gonna ask her about, but she believed that it must be about Seb.

"Did you know that Seb would come?"

Gia nodded slowly. "Yes, I did. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you all because Seb told me to do so."

"It's fine. We were just a little surprised. We didn't know that Seb is in Vienna right now. I should also apologize as I couldn't control my emotions when I talked to him."

Gia smiled. "He can understand that, Gil. I know that you were disappointed at him. But I guess that everything is clear now, right?"

"Of course."

Gia was so grateful that her brother could finally accept Seb's apology. She was happy that one problem had been solved. But there was still another one. She couldn't predict her future. She didn't know what would happen next between Seb and herself.

"Gia?"

"Yes, mom?"

"Now your relationship with Seb is as good as it used to be. I'm so relieved with that, and I hope that you two can keep it well."

"I hope so, mom. I'm also happy that Seb and I can be friends again."

"Gia, I'm sorry to ask this. Do you know anything about his girlfriend? And it seems like he's considering to break up with her. Why is that?" Gilbert asked.

"His girlfriend is a fashion designer. She's also from Germany, from Hannover if I'm not mistaken, and her name is Bernadette. They are dating since around 3 years ago. But, in the last few months, Seb is often in a row with her. He feels that she is too possessive over him. She always demands his attention. She always wants to accompany him wherever he goes to, and if he goes somewhere without her, she wants him to get in touch with her every time. And he doesn't feel comfortable with that," Gia explained it just like what Seb had told her.

Gilbert nodded as a sign that he understood. "As an F1 driver, Seb needs a partner who understands that he is busy. If I'm not mistaken, F1 is always held from March until November. And don't forget to mention the winter testing, car launching, and so on. He is very busy throughout the year. No wonder why he starts feeling uncomfortable with his girlfriend's behaviour."

"What about you, Gia? If you became Seb's girlfriend, would you understand that he's always busy?"

"Erm I," Gia was sure that she was blushing as she didn't expect that her mother would ask that, "I think that I would, mom. I'd understand that he'd travel around the world throughout the year. I think that he is so dedicated to his team. He is spending a lot of time at the factory of his team in Italy."

"That's great!" Gilbert praised Seb's dedication for his team. "Gia, I know that you love him and I'm quite surprised that he still loves you although he has a girlfriend now. But, I ask you not to think too much about your future with him. For now, you have to focus on repairing your friendship first. Then, we'll see what will happen next."

Gia nodded. "Yes, I understand that, Gil, and I agree. I want to thank you for accepting his apology."

"Gia, you know that Seb is like a brother to me. I can see that he is truly sincere to apologize. There's no point for me not to accept it," Gilbert explained. "Forgiving him gives me peace to my heart."