O N E

•(1329 words)•

•(1329 words)•

I fell in and out of consciousness, completely confused of my surroundings. I flickered open my eyes to the overwhelming morning light. I put all my strength into lifting my back off the hard carpet. My back got halfway up when my strength gave out and my head crashed back on the floor. I looked up at my ceiling. It was a pale white with raised bumps and crevasses. I laid there for a moment, not moving a muscle. I tried to think about the night before, it put a strain on my brain. I finally had the strength to sit up. My hair flopped on my face and stuck to the dried drool on my lips. I raised my my wrist to my mouth to wipe it off. I slowly stood up using my side table as support. The moment I was vertical nausea filled my whole body from the tips of my fingers to the soles of my feet. My body pulled me harshly in the direction of the bathroom. The half opened door slammed into the wall on the inside of the bathroom. I dove to the floor next to the porcelain bowl. My back tensed as brown bile flooded into the bowl, still reeking of alcohol. I rested my cheek on the side of the bowl. I looked to the side spotting a half empty bottle of cheap vodka. I reached my arm out grabbing the neck of the bottle, holding it up to my nose. It smelled of rubbing alcohol but it got the job done. I tilted the bottle making sure to put the least amount of effort moving my body. The liquor burned its way down my throat. It gave a little life back into my body. I heard a ringing in the other room. It made my body flinch and my ears ring. I slowly got off the tile of my bathroom floor and slumped into my bedroom. The ringing got louder as I approached my bed. I slid my hand into the cold spot between my pillow and the sheet below it. I pulled out my phone to read the name 'Noah'. I held it in my phone for a second feeling the vibration travel up my arm.
"Hello?" I mumbled, raising the phone up to my ear.
"I'm coming over I got something to show you!"
"It's not a good time, my head is pounding"
"So?... I'll be there in ten"
"Noah, I feel like shit."
"This will make you feel better"
"..."
"I'm on my way, bye" The phone hung up and I fell on my bed putting a pillow on my face to cover my eyes from the wrath of the sun. Right as I managed to slip into sweet slumber, Noah opened my door. He hopped on my bed making the bed bounce.
"Noahh" I grunted. He threw his bag in front of him unzipping it.
"Y/N, take a look at this" I rolled over to see him pull out a plastic bag with a white powder in it.
"This is the purest shit I've ever had, you gotta try it" I didn't say anything back. I sat up and watched him grab a small mirror from my bedside table and pour a quarter of the bag onto it. It was almost 11:00am but I wasn't about to turn down some free coke.
"Can you hand me that bottle?" I pointed to the bottle on the floor next to my bed. He looked around and picked up the square bottle of rum and took a swig before handing it to me.
"Ay!" I grabbed the bottle from his hand.
"Hey, I'm giving you free coke so chill out"
"..." I took a large gulp from the bottle and watched him cut the coke into four sizable lines. He took a rolled bill from his bag and leaned down to the residue covered mirror. I sat there as he continued to snort the line. He sat up and smiled at me while holding one side of his nose and sniffing. He pushed the mirror over the blankets toward me. I put my hair up in a bun and leaned down to the mirror. I sat there for a moment looking at myself in the coke covered reflection. I had black streaks of makeup under my eyes and a bloody split lip. I noticed the bags under my eyes were worse then yesterday. I proceeded to put the bill in one nostril and hold the other nostril with my pointer finger. I ran the bill along the white line, picking up every speck along the way. The smell sent shivers down my spin, I had come to enjoy the biter taste on the back of my tongue too. The rush came almost instantly. I sat up and looked at Noah, a small smile crept onto my lips. We both continued to take the last two lines.
"Thank you..." I said quietly to Noah.
"No problem girl, I love partying with you"
I looked around at my room seeing all the empty liquor bottles and clothes strewn around my room.
"I'm going to get some cleaning done" I started to feel the energy coursing through me. I put some music on my portable speaker and started to dance around, making Noah laugh. My hangover was almost completely gone. I was feeling fucking good. I jumped across my room picking up bottles and tossing them into the trash bin. Noah eventually joined me, poorly making my bed.
"I Love you" I laughed
"Love you too bitch!" We laughed even harder. We cleaned for about 30 minutes and when we where done I didn't realize how out of breath I was. I put my hands on my knees and tried to take some breaths. My stomach immediately started screaming and I felt light headed.
"Are you ok?" Noah asked in a concerned tone. I didn't respond, I just tried to hold down the impending sickness. I ran back to the bathroom and repeated the same routine. I got on my knees and stuck my head into the toilet with my hands on either side. The smell of the bile from earlier made the reaction quicker. I heaved and the vomit splashed into the bowl. I heaved and heaved and heaved. My body wanted to get out whatever the hell I put in it. Once nothing more came out I leaned against the wall. I opened my eyes to see Noah watching me from the doorway.
"I'm sorry...I have a weak stomach"
"It's nothing to be sorry about, I just feel bad for you" he looked at me concerned "you want some water?" I nodded my head. He walked out and I rested my head against the wall behind me looking at the ceiling. The ceiling in my bathroom was pinker then the one in my bathroom. It was ugly and unpleasant to look at. There was a brown water stain in the corner that really complimented the pink... Noah came back with water and makeup wipes.
"You are an angel Noah"
"I know it girl" I sipped the lukewarm water and rubbed the cold wipe across my face. By that time I was coming down from my high.
"Are you ok here? I gotta go do a run. There is a needy client in midtown"
"Yeah go, I'm fine here"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, yeah go... ah, thanks again"
"Of course" Noah gave me a hand up off the tile. He packed up his stuff and headed out.
"You going out tonight?" Noah asked.
"Maybe..." he shrugged and left. I laid back down on my bed and looked up at my ceiling. I scanned through the familiar patterns and shapes. Eventually my eyes fluttered shut and I was once again asleep.

AN: I know there is no mention of Tom yet but the next chapter is in Tom's POV.