E I G H T

~Y/N's POV~

~Y/N's POV~

We arrived at a set of double doors. There was a tall man in a black and white suit that opened the door in front of us.
"Welcome" his voice was smooth.
"Thank you"
Where was a circular room with a large decorated rug. Tom walked up to the hostess behind the desk.
"Hello, what name is your reservation under?" The woman asked.
"Tom Holland" she looked through the papers in her metal clip board.
"Tom Holland party of two?" She asked.
"Yes"
"Follow me"  She stepped out from behind her counter and walked down the hall. It opened up to a large room with booths and tables, all fitted with pristine white table cloths. There were large paintings on the walls and everyone around us looked like royalty.
"I feel like I don't belong here" I whispered to Tom.
"Me either, but it's something nice to get used to" we were seated at a booth, the cushions felt like clouds.
"I don't know how to thank you, this place is beautiful"
"You don't have to I was just trying to show off"
I laughed. I looked at Tom's dark brown eyes through his glasses.
"Have you always had glasses?" I asked.
"Haha no, they are for show" he laughed.
"You do look handsome in them"
"Thank you" there was a comfortable silence.
"Tell me more about yourself" he leaned forward.
"There is not much to know" I responded.
He continued to look at me.
"I grew up here, I never really left. Except when I went to New York to-" I trailed off.
"To-" he asked.
"Never mind...basically I'm pretty uncultured. I never went to college, still trying to figure out what to do with my life."
"I didn't go to college, well kind of; I got accepted and enrolled. I went to classes on and off for a month. Went to parties every night, Got involved in stuff I shouldn't have. Then I dropped out, And moved to the US"
"We can be uneducated together" I said in a snicker. A woman came up and asked if we wanted still or sparkling water.
"Still"
"Still as well, thank you" I heard the clicking of the woman's heals as she left. I picked up the wooden menu and read the cursive letters.
"If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the money to afford this?"
"I'm in the drug business... I want to get out of it, but they pay is too good"
"I was considering doing that, but I decided it's safer to just be a user"
"It gets pretty intense, I've almost been shot twice. That's also how I got this" he runs his finger over the scar across his cheek.
"This guy slashed me with a razor in the back of a club when I didn't give him change for a $50"
"Shit..." I reached over the table and softly touched the scar. He put his hand over mine and looked at me. My face went red. I smiled and looked to the floor retracting my hand.
I looked at my menu and began to read.
"The Cesar salad looks good"
"You come here and get a ceased salad?" He asked laughing a little.
"I like Cesar salad!"
"Whatever you say"
"Actually the gnocchi looks better"
"There we go"
"Shut up" I laughed. The waitress walked up.
"Are you guys ready?"
"Yeah I think so" I responded
"Um can I get the sirloin steak?"
*
After dinner we headed back home, to my place. I asked if we should go to his and he declined. I didn't mind, I get it really.
On the way home he didn't talk much, he kept taking glances from my direction. Sometimes our eyes would meet for a spit second and my stomach would tense. His eyes looked black, the intimated me in the best way. On our way inside he gave me this look, full of lust. Not the kind that I got from old men on street corners, but the kind that was gentle and forgiving. It made my heart skip a beat because I knew what would happen on the other side of the door. I quickly and calmly unlocked my door. I stepped inside Tom followed quickly behind.
I turned to face him, he was already face to face with me. I was a little stunned at his dominance. I saw his eyes dart between my eyes and lips. He was silently asking permission. I leaned into him, touching my lips to his. He placed his large palm on the small of my back and pulled me in. I pulled away for a second, to gather myself. He looked at me with apologetic eyes.
I kicked my shoes across the room. I turned my back to Tom and moved my hair.
"Do you mind helping me unzip my dress?"
"Y-yes of course" his warm hands caressed my shoulders on their way to my zipper. He zipped it down and cold air stung my back.