T W E N T Y T W O

(1162 words)~TOM'S POV~

(1162 words)
~TOM'S POV~

It was nice to be outside. The wind blowing my hair from side to side. Y/N stuck her head out the window to watch the street pass bye.
"So what the fuck happened?" Noah asked a little frazzled. Y/N looked at me then looked at Noah.
"Well..." Y/N dragged. "It was a shit place, and it sure as hell didn't make me want to get clean"
"How did you get out?"
"Tom tranquilized a guy and got his keys" Y/N said, trying to hold back her laughter. My face heat up with embarrassment.
"Holy shit!"
"They had me strapped to a table, what else was I supposed to do?"
"We can get clean by ourselves anyway"
"That's what everyone says" Noah warned.
"Well we have been clean for a while anyway"
"Plus, we have each other" Y/N gave a look of softness.
"Aw shut up, you guys are making me cringe" Noah kept his eyes on the road.

~Y/N'S POV~

We got to Toms apartment. He had to grab a few things. He was going to stay at my place for a while so we could keep an eye on each other.
"What the fuck happened?" Tom had opened his apartment to a shitstorm. The couched were moved, the table was flipped over, things were scattered across the floor.
"Did someone break in?" Noah asked.
"I have no clue, doesn't look like anything was stolen" Tom said confused.

Noah stayed on the couch while I was in Toms room helping him pack.
"I'm worried" I said softly.
"About what?" Tom turned to me.
"About you, would if this was someone you work with trying to find something"
"It honestly could have been me and I just don't remember"
"Well what will happen when you tell them you cant work for them anymore?"
"Don't worry about it, ill figure it out" Tom got back to packing.
"Tom I have the right to worry, the people you work for are murderers. They don't think twice about killing anyone who is a threat or inconvenience"
"They aren't like that, it will be fine"
"Just be careful"

We were on our way back to my apartment. Tom was on the verge of throwing up the whole way home. He was having trouble with his withdrawals.
"P-pull over" Tom groaned.
"We are at the apartment, can you make it inside?"
"Pull over" he said more forcefully. Noah swiftly pulled over in front of the building. Tom opened the door and ran to the bush next to the stairway. He griped the railing as he let out what he was holding in. I looked at Noah concerned.
"How long is he going to feel this way?"
"I don't know, it's different for everyone"
"I know he hides his pain too, he feels sick 24/7"
"It'll get better" Noah tried to comfort me.
"I know I... I just, he deals with a lot of stuff and he just hides it."
"He's aloof" I rolled my eyes and got out of the car to help Tom.
"Hey, are you ok?"
"Yeah. I'm good" He still gripped the railing, his knuckles turning white.
"Lets get you inside, we can grab your stuff later" I signaled Noah to go park in the lot. Tom wiped his mouth and walked up the steps with me.
"I'm sorry..." Tom muttered.
"It's ok, there is nothing to be sorry about" I grabbed his hand and and ran my thumb across the back of his hand.
"Lets get out of these scrubs, you can have the first shower."
"Can you come in with me?" There was no lust in his eyes, just vulnerability.
"Of course" We headed the bathroom. I followed to him into the bathroom, he turned around and just hugged me. He put his nose on my shoulder. He stayed there, holding me tight.
"I love you" he whispered.
"I love you too Tommy" He let go to undress and get in the shower. I followed.
"I can wash your hair and you can wash mine" he said with a smile as he turned the shower to hot.
"Okay" I laughed. He was first under the stream. He looked up and let the water run down his face. He let me under the water and played with my hair. I handed him the shampoo I use. He lathered the shampoo in my scalp. His fingers laced in between my hairs, massaging behind my ears. All the tensions I was holding released. I put my head under the water and the sudds fell to the floor. I turned to face him. He conditioned my hair, not breaking eye contact. His look was soft and heartfelt. I placed my hands under his ears and tiptoed to kiss him. The water ran between our faces. His lips were soft and warm. Our tongues danced against each other. I pulled back with a smile. I turned around to rinse my hair.

*

It was nice to put on my own clothes, newly washed.
We left my room to see Noah sitting on the couch. He had brought all Toms stuff in.
"You didn't need to bring his stuff in" I sat next to him. Tom walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.
"It's ok, you guys were busy"
"Thank you" I hugged him firmly. "For everything"
"I'll always be here when you need something, even if I'm pissed as hell"
"I know your mad about him being here..."
"It's ok, I'm over it. You are happier him."
"I love you"
"I know" I gave him another hug before Tom walked in.
"I know it's like 8:00 pm, but I am making pancakes" Tom said with the funniest smile. I laughed and hopped up to follow him into the kitchen. The smell of pancakes wafted to my face.
"God, I didn't realize how hungry I was till I smelled those"
"I know right! For some reason I haven't been able to stop thinking about pancakes" Noah sat next to me on the bar as we watched Tom flip the pancakes. He took the pan off the stove and flipped the pancake high in the air before landing back in the pan.
"Impressive!" Noah and I laughed.
Tom's phone began to ring in his pocket. He pulled it out to look at the name. 'Sam'
"Oh I gotta get this, can you take over y/n?"
"Yeah sure" I hopped off my stool and grabbed the spatula from the table.

~TOM'S POV~

"Hello?"
"Hey Tom"
"What's up?"
"Someone told me you were back from the hospital"
"Uh yeah we just got back, how did you kn-"
"Well we need to talk about a few things. Meet me at the club in an hour"
"I can't really do that, can I come in tomorrow morning"
"It's urgent"
"Sam come on"
"Be here in an hour-"
He hung up.