T W E N T Y O N E

(950 words)~TOM'S POV~

(950 words)
~TOM'S POV~

The creak of the door woke me up. I opened my eyes to the very familiar sight of the blue ceiling. My neck ached when I tried to lift my head. I felt the band across my forehead keeping my head in place.
"Tom, here is your lunch. How are you feeling?"
"Shitty" My voice was gravely.
"Are you feeling violent?"
"No"
"Good, I'm going to undo your straps, but don't try anything I have a tranquilizer on me"
"Got it" I was so done with this shit.
He released my head, followed by my hands. He bent over to undo my feet and I spotted the tranquilizer in his pocket...

~Y/N'S POV~

I slowly came to, voices became clear, the colored lights stained my vision.
"y/n...y/n...Y/N" I looked up to see a nurse lifting me onto a caught.
"Are you ok? Can you hear me?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm all good. What happened?"
"You fainted" my mind became less foggy and the memories flooded back. My heart began to speed up.
"I have to get out of here" I sat up.
"No, no, no, lay down"
"I have to get out of here" I bee lined to the door.
"Y/N!" The nurse did her best to stop me. I ran down the hall.
memories of what happened in high school filled my brain. His face flashed before my eyes, again and again. His face was a trigger, his presence was a trigger.
I tripped on somebodies toe, and fell into a nurse who seemed to catch me.
"Y/N, you're ok." I looked up to see him.
"No, no, no"
"What happened back there"
"I can't be here, I have to leave" I began to walk away from him, he followed.

It's not that I have anything against him, he did nothing wrong. It is the memories that are tied to him, the feelings that are tied to him. I don't want them back.

"Wait, what's wrong"
"Leave me alone"
"Can we at least talk?" He put his hand on my shoulder. I turned around with my finger in his face.
"I can't talk to you Nick, respect my wishes, and leave me alone" He stood frozen. I turned to walk away and he did not follow.

I don't care anymore, I'm getting the hell out of here.

~TOM'S POV~

I slipped the tranquilizer out of the nurses pocket and promptly stuck the needle in his arm. He looked at me fearfully before he fell to the ground. I finished unlatching my feet and grabbed the keys from his neck. I left the room and headed to the front desk.
"Where is y/n?"
"Hey, you aren't supposed to be out." I grabbed his collar forcefully and brought him close.
"Where is y/n?"
"S-she is on floor 5, in th-the recovery section" I headed to the door and used the nurses key card to get out. The doors open with a click. I weaved between people heading up the stairs.
"Floor 3...floor 4...floo-" I turned a corner and slammed into y/n who was running down the stairs almost as fast as I was running up.
"Tom!"
"Holy shit, are you okay?" She nodded and embraced me tightly.
"Let's get the fuck out of here" she whispered in my ear.
"I'm glad we are on the same page" I chuckled. she let go and took my hand. She continued to run down the stairs, pulling me behind her.
"What happened up there?" She did not respond, but instead squeezed my hand tighter.

Eventually we where outside the hospital, both out of breath.
"That was fucking crazy" I laughed.
"Yeah it was!" She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I'm glad you were there when you were." She muffled.
"Me too"
"I don't even know where we are" she laughed.
"Me neither"

~Y/N'S POV~

We walked down the street in our scrubs. I ripped off my red wrist band and threw it in the gutter.
"What happened with you?" I asked.
"Well, after they put me in that god damn fucking room again, I kind of snapped. I tranquilized a nurse..." He confessed, with his bottom lip between his teeth.
"Really?!" I said in a laugh.
"Yeah, it was pretty funny... what happened with you?
"I uh, turns out Nick is a nurse"
"No way!"
"Yeah, I basically yelled in his face"
"Damn, good for you" I looked up at him and smiled.

*

We got to a gas station, I used their phone to call Noah.

"Hello?" Noah said through the phone.
"Hey Noah, its y/n"
"What? What phone are you calling from?"
"Umm, a gas station"
"What happened? What did you do?"
"Well, I'm with Tom and we kind of need a ride. We aren't sure where we are."
"y/n! What the hell."
"I know" I said with a laugh. Noah couldn't help but laugh along with me.
"You are crazy!"
"I know"
"Well, where are you? Ill come pick you up. You have to tell me everything "

*

We waited for Noah on the grass beside the glass station. I laid down playing with the daisies as Tom sat beside me and watched.
"You are crazy" Tom said with an emphasis on "are"
"Not as crazy as you" I laid my head in his lap, looking up at him.
"Maybe" he ran his fingers through my hair.

Noah pulled up in the parking lot, and rolled down his window.
"Get in love birds"